Chapter 25

Byeol hearing this, forgetting every feeling of hatred towards her brother turns to him shocked and said, "WTF! No! He is my senior! He lives next door, don't jump to conclusions like that! Going to the US made you more dumb! You will make my senior uncomfortable."

Yeon Jun just chuckled and said, "It's quite okay Byeol shi, I didn't mind it so relax." Byeol let out a breath and said, "Thank you for understanding, I'm sorry senior!."

Yeon Jun replied, "Hey! Don't apologize, it's okay! Plus anyone could come to that conclusion easily so leave it."

They got out of the lift. Byeol, not wanting to trouble Yeon Jun, took her brother's luggage from his hands and said, "Senior, I'm gonna make dinner today, so why don't you have it with us?"

Yeon Jun looks at her brother to see if he would be comfortable or not, seeing that he wasn't. Yeon Jun replied, "Nah I will pass, you guys enjoy."

Byeol felt a little disappointed but nodded a yes. She opened the door and welcomed her brother inside. He kept his bag aside and sat down on the sofa, Byeol took two water bottles from the fridge and handed him one of them and said, "So what made you come back to Korea after seven years?"

Hyun Sik sighed and answered, "It's because I missed you guys." Byeol gave him a "you can't be serious" look and said, "Now tell me the real reason, is it because you wanted money?"

Hyun Sik looked at Byeol annoyed because of the way she talked but understood her feelings as well. Hyun Sik was about to say something but Byeol asked, "Looks like mom and dad forgive you."

Hyun Sik answered, "They are still disappointed in me, but they forgave me and gave me your address." Byeol nodded and asked, "So how many days are you going to stay here?"

Hyun Sik got happy thinking she might forgive him and answered, "Till you forgive me." Byeol looked at him and answered, "Oh really?" Hyun Sik nodded a yes happily. Byeol continued, "Okay then, I forgive you and accept your apology, you can leave now."

Saying that she went to the kitchen to cook dinner. Hyun Sik followed her and said, "Oh please stop being angry with me, seven years have passed."

Byeol banged the pot she had on the kitchen counter and said, "Seriously!? You say like you never ran away stealing our family savings! You didn't contact us till you got here! And you act like you just went on a vacation and came back!"

Hyun Sik replied, "I know you have the right to be angry, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to go there! And I paid them the money back with interest."

Byeol, glaring at him, replied, "Oh really!? You paid them back? Wow you did such a great thing brother you paid back the money you stole to improve your life without thinking about us! And going to the US you didn't contact us once! We never knew how you were, alive or dead for two years! It was our aunt who saw you there and told us about you! How do you think we three felt?"

Hyun Sik looked down in guilt knowing what Byeol was saying was right.

Byeol seeing him look down said, "Oh don't you dare look down, face me! That's the only thing you can do right now, face us and hear all the things we say! You don't even realize how worried we were for you, we didn't give a damn about the money! What we were worried about was YOU! You could have at least called us, we would have understood you then, we could have helped you if you spoke your dream to us, we would have supported you!"

Hyun Sik sighed and asked, "I know I made a huge mistake, what should I do about it now? It has already happened."

Byeol scoffed and asked, "Do you even have an ounce of guilt in you? Even now you don't care about how we feel, you just want our forgiveness so you can feel less guilty! But I won't let you have that pleasure! You go on with your life, I will go on with mine! You can leave tomorrow morning and sleep on the sofa."

Saying that Byeol left without cooking anything and went inside her room closing her door she sighed and whispered, "I didn't even make him food, Ahhh! Whatever. I will just sleep for now."

Hyun Sik just looked at the closed door in sadness, what Byeol said was right, he did come back after making it thinking everything would be normal like again after he apologizes once or twice.

He realized that he had hurted his family in a deep way, his parents were happy that he was back, but weren't the same with him, it seemed that they were more distant with him.

Tired from traveling he decided to sleep as well. Luckily Byeol always kept an extra pillow and blanket out because sometimes she would be too tired to even walk till her room.

Next morning Byeol woke up, getting ready. She came out of the room only to see her brother was nowhere, she felt guilty for what she did yesterday, she didn't even make him a meal.

Her stomach rumbled as she was hungry as well, she decided to have some milk and cereal because she would be late then and walking towards the kitchen she saw a meal already prepared for her.

She went towards it and saw a note beside it, it said, "Hey! I'm sorry, you were right, I was at fault, no explanation can make what I did justified, anyways, I did learn how to cook while I was there so I decided to make you a meal."

Byeol got emotional thinking her brother did end up leaving but continued reading, "Don't feel guilty, I just went to buy something, I'm staying here for a few days to annoy you."

Byeol giggled a little reading the letter, keeping it aside she sat down and started eating her breakfast. After eating it she left a note for her brother, "Not bad, glad to know at least you learnt to cook."

Byeol then took her things and left for the hospital after sticking a note for her brother that the keys would be with the landlord so use it to enter.