Chapter 24

The next day everyone got to work as usual. Treating the patients, checking the one who were already admitted, etc.

Suddenly they received a phone call saying a patient who fell down the stairs and is having major injuries is coming in five minutes.

Ah Reum and Woo Jin got ready to treat the patient. Soon they arrived and what they did not expect was the plus one with the patient. It seemed like the child who's mother was injured was a special child. She kept clinging on to her mother, the paramedics couldn't leave her there because it seems only the two of them lived together, and no neighbor was ready to take care of that child.

Byeol and In Soo decided to take care of that child. The mother who was screaming in pain as tried to push away Ah Reim and Woo Jin. The child seeing that thought they both were hurting her mother so she rushed towards them and pushed Woo Jin away and started screaming, "Don't hurt my mother! Don't hurt my mother! Go away! Go away! Go away!"

In Soo went towards her and hugged her from behind to calm her as this was the only thing that would work with a panicked child holding them tightly not with bone breaking pressure but a hug filled with warmth, "We are not hurting your mother but treating her, calm down, the little girl stopped screaming but was still scared. Byeol seeing her backpack went to her stuff to see if there was something special in there which can calm her down.

Byeol then told In Soo to get her here so she can play with th stuff toy to distract her. The girl seeing her favorite thing went to her own world. Soon the mother was treated and started to gain consciousness.

The first thing that the mother asked was about her child, where she was? Byeol smiled and guided the child towards her mother. The mother dighed in relief and said, "Thank you for taking care of my child, I slipped while saving her, the stairs were quite slippery." Byeol smiled and replied, "That's our duty ma'am, now sit with you daughter and talk with her, she seemed to be very worried about you."

Saying that Byeol squats down to the child's level and asked, "Min ah, can I lift you up and make you sit beside your mom?" The child looked at her and nodded. Byeol smiled and getting up she gently raised the child and makes her sit besides her mother.

The day went on as usual. But what Byeol didn't know was that she would face one of her past relations today.

Byeol's shift ended at night and she was about to go home with Yeon Jun, while Woo Bin was about to enter the hospital when a male voice asked, "Umm excuse me, but does Kang Byeol works here?"

Woo Bin turned around and faced the guy while looking at him suspiciously and asked, "Why do you ask?" The unknown guy answered, "Well I'm Kang Hyun Sik, I'm his older brother, I just came back from the states so I wanted to meet her."

Woo Bim smiled thinking it's his chance to impress Byeol's family member talked in a formal voice, "Oh you should have mentioned that before. I'm Choi Woo Bin, in the same year and department as Byeol, it's nice to meet you Hyung-nim."

Hyun Sik smiled and said, "Oh I see, you must be close to her than, how is she?" Woo Bin while taking Hyun Sik's luggage from his hand and started to guide inside said, "Well I have to say, she is quite a talented doctor, well she is more of a genius."

Hyun Sik listened to whatever Woo Bin said and walked along side with him, he entered Dol Dam and Woo Bin told him to sit down near the reception while he gets Byeol.

Woo Bin who was about to walk away stopped hearing a sharp voice, "What are you doing here?" Both the male turned towards the voice and saw Byeol.

Hyun Sik got up from his seat and was about to walk towards her. But Byeol raises her hand, showing a stop sign said, "Wait right there! First answer my question, why are you here?"

Hearing her voice some of the nurses and doctor came out. Hyun Sik noticing the crowd asks, "How about we talk it out at your house? And I solely came here to meet you."

Byeol sighed relaizing that he is right she said, "Okay let's go home."

Yeon Jun who took it as a cue walkways towards them and after Byeol started walking he walks behind her making sure Byeol's brother is following them.

Yeon Jun opened the car doors, and taking the bag from Hyun Sik's hand keeps it inside the car trunk.

Byeol sat at the front seat not wanting to sit with her brother at this moment. Hyun Sik sat behind. Yeon Jun started to drive. Hyun Sik smiled looking at Byeol and says, "It's surprising that you recognized me so easily after so many years, how have you been Byeol?"

Byeol sighed and replied, "How can I not recognize the face who left me alone and ran away? I'm pretty sure you are not so interested in how I have been doing, so please keep the small talks with yourself, I'm pretty tired after my shift."

Yeon Jun looked at Byeol in worry, he decided to keep quite and not say anything or else things might get more awkward. They reached their apartment and Yeon Jun taking Hyun Sik's suitcase followed the brother sister duo.

Seeing Yeon Jun follow all the way through Hyun Sik tried connecting some dots and in shock asked, "Wait! Byeol don't tell me! You got married!! Uncle never informed me anything about this! Hey! What's your name?" Hyun Sik asked turning to Yeon Jun.

Both of them didn't utter a word as what they had just heard was quite unexpected.