Chapter 15

After two days, there was yet another heavy storm and a small bridge connecting the roads fell. Dol Dam staff rushed to the sight were : Woo Jin, Eun Jae, Yeon Jun, Byeol, Nurse Park and Nurse Yoon.

It was around 11 am when they rushed to the sight. Total three hospitals were called. One of them was Dol Dam. There around 75 people injured due to the bridge fall.

Everyone decided that each hospital will be taking 25 patients each. The bridge being more near to Dol Dam, the six of them reached faster and started checking the patients and divide them according to their conditions.

Everything was chaotic. People crying, running around for help, trying to help each other, the screams of people who lost their loved ones.

The casualty care professionals were already present, the leader of one batch approached them and updated the situation to them. After being informed the Dol Dam staff got to work. Soon the other 2 hospital came.

One of them turned to be the ex hospital of Byeol and Yeon Jun. Seeing them there they were awkward, because all of them knew why Yeon Jun went away and why Byeol was transferred.

Woo Bin was one of the staff who came there. While checking the patients he noticed Byeol lifting a pile while helping the fire fighters, she the got under and pulled out a child from there and started checking him.

He wanted to keep looking at her, but then realizing the situation he started to treat the patients ad helped them.

Few times the bumped each other, while helping the patients and Woo Bin who had a crush on her at the first sight said, "Well I'm Woo Bin, what about you?"

Byeol knowing who he was, felt uncomfortable to talk with him, she still didn't let go of of the feeling of being betrayed by them, putting a tag on the patient she in a taunting voice said, "Almost everyone knows you, rather then small talks we should focus on treating the patients." Saying that she went away to treat the patients. Woo Bin was confused as to why her voice was sounding angry.

His name being called he went to the side.

The Dol Dam staff treating and receiving 25 patients decided to leave. A nurse from Byeol's previous hospital bummed into her. She greeted her anxiously. Byeol greeted her as she would unusually and went her ways.

The nurse sighed and whispered, "Dam that was awkward." Woo Bin seeing that approached her as they were going back as well and asked, "Do you know that doctor?"

The nurse looked at him and hesitatingly nodded a yes said, "Of course, she was a staff at our hospital. Anyways, I have to inform something to Dr. Min." Saying that she went away so he wouldn't ask why she doesn't work at the hospital anymore.

Woo Bin nodded his head seeing the nurse go and said, "Hmm why do I feel there is more to the story?" Shrugging his shoulder he left.

Here while going back Yeon Jun asked to Byeol, "Are you okay?" Byeol looked at herself and replied, "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine why?" Yeon Jun chuckled and said, "I'm not asking you about your health, I meant seeing the xx hospital stuff, are you okay?"

Byeol smiled bitterly and said, "Well I don't know honestly! I still feel bad about what happened, but I'm okay it didn't effect me as much." Saying that she smiled.

Woo Jin and Eun Jae who were with them just silently heard their conversation, not knowing what to say.

Byeol then turning to Eun Jae and Woo Jin asked, "Seniors, have you experienced such casualty before? This was my first time!" Both nodded and told her about their experience. They reached the hospital and started treating patients.

XX Hospital

Woo Bin noticed how the staff were awkward with Dol Dam hospital doctors and asked them about it but no one gave a proper answer.

He then overheard someone saying the incidents with Yeon Jun and Byeol and got to know they were both ex doctors of this hospital. He was shocked to know the malpractices his father did which was the reason Yeon Jun left and came to know Byeol's incident as well and was surprised to know the few patients he was given the credit were treated by her.

Hearing this he became more interested in Byeol, as reading the report he was impressed about the surgery done by a first year. He was curious about that person and why they weren't there anymore. He smiled searching Byeol's record and said, "So this is the reason she was cold towards me? But it wasn't even my fault, hmm I should go clear out some misunderstanding, I can't let her have the wrong idea about me!"

Saying that he got up and going to his father he said, "Dad! I want to work at Dol Dam!" The dad looked at her and asked, "Why such a small hospital son!?" Woo Bin smiled and said, "Well they were interesting people! The way they treated patients was something that caught my interest and there is something I wanna do there, so I will transfer there so I can learn and do the personal thing I want to go there for."

Director Choi scoffed and said, "You are already the best and have nothing to learn! I won't send you to such an small hospital for that."

Woo Bin sighed he knew his dad would say this, he gave him an evil smile and said, "What if I tell you my personal mission is to get that hospital's director? Mr. Park? Which will benefit our hospital a lot. Under his supervision Dol Dam got better and I would love to see our hospital become the best!"

Hearing this Director Choi smiled understanding the plan and said, "Okay! But you don't go alone!" Woo Bin smiled and said, "Okay Deal!"

Everyone at Dol Dam who were relaxing after such a tiring day didn't even have a hint about the coming storm.

PS : I know I didn't give much details of the bridge incident, but please bare with me!! I don't know how to describe such details yet and I created this situation for Woo Bin and Byeol to meet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I would really like to know which part was your favorite and why! So comment below and let me know!

Vote if you liked the chapter!

Have a great day ahead! 💜