Chapter 17

It was another usual day where manik was sitting in the staffroom working on his laptop while waiting for nandini to come for her lecture.Soon he was surprised on seeing the chirpy nandini coming inside.

'Yippeee!!! I m so happy right now like so so so happyyy! Nandini exclaimed entering the room and clunging her hands around his neck from back and swaying from left to right while he remained seated there.Manik was surprised and smiled on seeing her this excited.

' Aree kiddo baba just relax..at least tell me hua kya hai ' he said placing his hands over hers in order to make her stop from swaying .

Nandini finally stopped and moved apart from him and he made her sit on a chair beside him still holding her hands

'Ab batayiengi aapke itne khush hone ki wajah?' he said passing her a sweet smile.

' Sirrr they are taking us on a trip..like finally..can u imagine they have planned a trip after three damm years ..i was waiting like hell for this trip!!' she said with excitement lading in her tone.

'Well that's great kiddo' manik replied smiling on seeing her excitement.

' Haina it will be so much fun..hum boht enjoy karenge but usse pehle we need to do shopping aap ye boring shirts nhi pehne vaale trip pe i m telling you or fir hum-' Nandini was continuously blabbering being overly excited when she saw manik looking down at his lap and not responding to her and frowned at his behaviour as minutes back he was all smiling.

'Sir? Kya hua? ' she said tilting her head to have a look at his face while slightly squeezing his hands .

' Ah actually kiddo wo-woh mai ..i won't be going on the trip ..i have some work to do ' he said stammering lifting his head up looking in her eyes .

'What! You are joking right? there's no way you are not coming!' nandini said shaking her head in a no.

'Kiddo please you need to understand ' he said in a pleading tone to make her understand.

' No i am not understanding anything.. you..you have to come.. I don't know anything ' nandini said neglecting his plea and leaving his hands with a frown.

' hey hey kiddo just listen me okay..see even i want to come with you and have fun but its..its just that i am stuck' he said while trying to hold her hands but she didn't let him do so.

'okay fine if that's your decision but let me tell you if you are not coming i am also not going anywhere and that's my decision ' she said with determination crossing her arms over her chest.While manik sighed audibly to this.

' Don't be so stubborn kiddo..see its your last year of school.. you were so happy and excited about this trip and now you are letting it all go just because i am not coming.. that's not right kiddo..what about your friends haan don't you want to enjoy with them?don't you want to make your last year in the school a memorable one? Don't let go off this precious time kiddo..make memories as much as you can because they are the one that will remain with you to cherish forever..please kiddo..you are understanding what i am saying?' manik said in a polite tone holding her hands in his and rubbing her palm with his thumb while nandini just nodded with her head hung low.