Chapter 16

Manik and Nandini started off their performance very well.They were performing with great energy and were enjoying when nandini 's foot started paining.She somehow managed to continue dancing with tears welling up in her eyes but she didn't stopped dancing because she didn't wanted manik to lose because of her.However manik noticed her uneasiness and got suspicious on seeing tears in her eyes.His sight then fell on her foot which was swollen a bit and nandini was trying hard to put weight on it. He immediately got to know about the situation and held her hand and lifted her up.He continued the rest of the dance in a way that she didn't needed to put much weight on her foot while nandini got confused and frowned at his actions but still followed his lead as it was giving relief to her foot.
After finishing the dance manik dragged nandini to an empty classroom and made her sit on the table.

'What was that?' manik asked  standing in front of her and folding his arms over his chest.Nandini frowned at his question as she should be the one asking this after what he did on the stage.

'Exactly what was that? I mean why did you changed the steps at the last moment.You didn't even told me what if' nandini asked being confused and before she could speak further manik interrupted her.

' Your foot is still paining right?' Manik asked her in a stern voice ignoring her question.Nandini's confusion got cleared now as to why he did all this and she mentally cursed her for not being able to hide it.

'I am asking you something nandini' manik spoke in stern and slightly louder voice than before.Nandini flinched on hearing him and was shocked to hear her name from his mouth as he never calls her that.

'Haan woh- a bit-' nandini stammered fidgeting with her fingers.

'A bit? Really? You were on the verge of crying and you are saying it  was just a bit.If i would have let you done the original steps you would have fallen then and there and hurt yourself more.And all these days you were hiding this from me.Not for once you felt important to tell me about your pain.We could have chosen some light steps or hell we would have not gone for this performance.But no you didn't felt it important right?' manik said being angry.

'That's why i didn't tell u..mujhe pta tha you won't let me perform and i don't want u to lose because of me' nandini said with her head hung low.

' For god sake nandini its just a fucking competition its not important than your health why can't you understand that'manik bursted on hearing her lame excuses.

'sorry ..zyaada nhi tha pain isliye nahi bataya' nandini replied back.

'Not again ' manik sighed throwing his arms in air.

'You know what..just forget it..do whatever you want i won't say anything .thats what you want right? So go ahead you are free to do anything..you can run ,dance or even jump around because I just Don't Care' manik said being hell angry because it was just not about her pain whether it was less or not but it was about her hiding things from him.He left the room banging the door loudly in anger while nandini shut her eyes at his act.

'Uff nandu yrr itne din se hide kar rahi thi ek aur din chupa nhi sakti thi kya last day pe gadbad kardi ...ab manao apne monster professor ko..vese for the first time i have seen him this angry itna chila diya mujhpe huh! Pyaar se bhi toh bol sakte the..kese bol kar gaye "i don't care' huh aaye bade! Par manege bhi k nahi ? No nandu don't doubt yourself you can do it..yess you can..soch nandu kuch toh soch ..idea! Perfect!
So Mr.Professor you will get back to me very soon .' nandini thought to herself sitting on the table and then left the room immediately when she got the idea.

Manik was walking in the corridor when he heard nandini's voice from behind.He turned back to see nandini who was sitting on the floor holding her foot and crying in pain.Nandini on seeing him turning cried more loudly.Manik was about to rush towards her when he noticed something and realised what she was doing so he slowly walked towards her.