[ T H I R T Y ]

Daisy stayed home from work for the rest of the week. Was told to get her strength back before she returned, and she partially hated it. On the one hand, she wanted to go back to normal as quickly as possible on the other she was scared. Scared of meeting Max, scared of needing to tell him everything and scared that everything will be turning worse than it already feels right now. But she has to admit the few extra days she spent at home made her feel better. The pounding in her head almost stopped by now and she could move her wrist more with every day that passed.

Vicky didn't allow Daisy to attend the media day, but she was welcomed back into the paddock on Friday. Luckily F1 is staying in Silverstone this weekend and Daisy didn't have to take a flight somewhere all alone. The paddock is already crowded when Daisy enters and no matter how bad the weather is the flow of people doesn't seem to stop. Daisy makes her way to the RedBull hospitality, careful not to bump into too many people, holding her wrist close to her body so nobody accidentally hits it.

She can feel a slight headache already throbbing behind her eye, but she chooses to ignore it. From time to time, she catches a worried glance on her and she knows it is because of the black eye she has. The bruise from her temple where the blood vessels were damaged, wandered, gathering in her eye socket creating a look like she was boxing and lost. She had the same issue when her wisdom teeth were removed, but she knows it will faint soon and everything will look normal again. When she enters the hospitality, she is greeted by the familiar chatter and a soft smile comes onto her lips, before she fully steps in.

"Welcome back Daisy." She is greeted by Vicky who looks like she only waited for Daisy, and she almost feels uncomfortable with the amount of attention she is getting. "Thank you, Vicky." Daisy thanks her boss, knowing that Vicky is really welcoming her back and not just saying it for Daisy to feel wanted.

"How are you feeling? You still look pretty pale." Vicky asks, scanning Daisy's body and she needs to hesitate for a moment, carefully needing to pick what she wants to say. The real answer would send her back home immediately, but she doesn't want to lie either.

"It's getting better every day." Daisy says which is the truth. The aching gets better, her wrist movement gets better, and her mind isn't as loud anymore. It still tingles in her ears, letting angel and devil sit on her shoulder whispering what she needs to do next while she tries to ignore them.

"Remember to take a break when you feel worse. Everyone understands that you aren't at a hundred percent right now." Vicky says and Daisy's heart warms her from the inside. "Of course." She promises but isn't sure if she really will manage to take a break when her body is saying no. Luckily on Friday things aren't overly hectic and she might get a break or two more to listen to her body.

Together they walk to the RedBull garage, fleeing from the rain and luckily, they don't need to get out of the shelter in the next hour or so. The garage is rather crowded and loud, making Daisy almost wince in pain because of the noise everywhere which directly shoots into her temple. She is glad when Vicky hands her a pair of headphones to dull the sounds. She sits down in the back of the garage, watching everything around her carefully and maybe a bit searching for a certain someone.

Only a few cars go on track since it is still pouring outside and the RedBull both leave the garage, letting the noise finally calm down a bit and Daisy wants to pull down her headphones when after just one lap Max returns to the garage. Daisy lifts an eyebrow but concludes that he doesn't want to risk his car in only the first training session and with a glance at the timetable many teams decided the same. This will be a rather uneventful session then.

Daisy doesn't even realise that someone is coming closer to her until he stands right in front of her and mutters her name.

"Daisy." She looks up, meeting the worried eyes of Max and for a moment it feels like she isn't able to say anything. Not getting her lips to part and bring words over them, before she manages to whisper a "Hey Max." Daisy didn't think she would meet him in such a public space for the first time after her accident. There are so many things she needs to tell him but doesn't even know how to phrase them. Until she figures it out, she has to stay quiet.