[ S I X ]

This chapter is really long, because I couldn't bring myself to stop, and I wasn't sure how much of the Miami weekend I should include. (Just take this chapter as my apology for not uploading on time again)
_____

„Good morning." Max greets everyone who is sitting in the hospitality eating breakfast to get ready for the media day. Daisy shares a table with Vicky, Alec, and Claire, just waiting for them to finish their breakfast and for the drivers to arrive. Today would be her first workday at a racetrack and Daisy is really excited to see how everything works.

„Morning Max." She greets the dutchman who sits down with them at the table, a bowl of food with him. Probably something healthy for the athlete while the others can eat what they want. It doesn't take Max long to notice that everyone has something to eat in front of them expect for Daisy.

„No breakfast?" He asks her, and Daisy shakes her head. „I am not hungry." She explains just like she did to Vicky earlier. There are days where she cannot eat something for breakfast and then she simply doesn't make herself anything. Daisy has always a snack in her bag, for the case she gets hungry before lunchtime that she can eat to satisfy the hunger.

„But you have to eat something. This is going to be a long and stressful day. You need energy." Max says, not happy with the fact that Daisy has nothing to eat. It is important to have breakfast because it gives you the energy of the day. Daisy realises that Max is probably one of those persons who can eat breakfast at any time of the morning, whether she sometimes can't eat because it is way too early.

"I am really not hungry Max. Don't worry, I have a granola bar and will eat it if I get hungry before the break." She tries to convince him that she doesn't need any food right now, but Max doesn't accept her words. "I get you something." He decides and stands up to get Daisy a breakfast.

"Max!" Daisy calls after him, but he doesn't react in any way. "Why is he like that?" She asks Vicky who knows Max for a few years now and probably knows why he is so obsessed over the fact that Daisy is going to eat something for breakfast, no matter if she is hungry or not.

"He is takes care for his team. Just eat a few bites of whatever he brings you and make him happy with it." Vicky explains and Daisy nods, it is probably for the best if she just takes a few bites of the food Max will bring her. "And stop with the discussions, I tried it once and we ended up being late for the interview because he refused to leave before I have eaten something." Vicky ads with a laugh, making Daisy giggle too.

"Really?" She asks, not believing that Max was late to an interview for this reason. "Yes, he can be very stubborn." Are Vicky's words and Daisy can only imagine how hard it is sometimes to work with Max. "Fine, I eat something, when it makes him happy." Daisy gives in just before Max returns.

"Here you go." He says with a smile, handing Daisy a bowl full of fruit and she is happy that he didn't bring her something heavy. "Thank you, Max." She thanks him with an honest smile and starts to eat the fruits what seems to satisfy Max, because he doesn't say anything else about Daisy's eating habits.

Just when they finished breakfast it is time to go to the first interview. Today Daisy would watch a lot, make notes and learn how Vicky works with Max in the hope of doing it on her own during the internship. Daisy always has in mind that this would be a reward when it comes to the end of the internship, and she has set herself the goal to get this reward.

The interviews are a tiring process and Daisy wonders a little bit that Max is not bored out by being asked the same questions over and over again. Do you like this track? Weird question because he has never raced on it. What do you think the outcome of this weekend will be? Is Max a fortune teller, if not how is he supposed to answer this question? And many more questions he has to answer patiently. Just as Max told Daisy during the flight the interviewers try to keep him occupied longer but Vicky and her watch the time closely, not wanting to get behind with their schedule.