Ch.15 - OVERBEARING:

Start from the beginning

I'm going to live her dream for her!

I may not be able to give her Olympic gold, but I can still visit her grave as the greatest male idol this country has ever seen!

...Shit, maybe my mom's methods have brainwashed me.

I never wanted to become an idol... But if it's for Sarina's sake then I will do anything. Even let my mom drag me out to the rural outskirts of the city to some movie set.

Yura, my half-sister, had been appearing in low-budget films ever since she was a kid, always playing insignificant bit parts like 'Child A' or 'Child D' that had no real significance in the film. It was almost as if she was just a background detail, rather than a fully fleshed-out character with a name and a personality.

Now she's 11, which was the age I was when I first discovered idols, and was the most eventful year of my life. So, I wish the girl the best of luck.

Even though our mother was no longer a member of QUASAR - an elite group of idols - she still had a certain level of influence in the entertainment industry, thanks to her past exploits. She was able to use her connections to strike a deal with a low-budget film crew and secure Yura a named role in a movie, finally giving her a chance to shine as an actress.

The movie in question is called 'That Was the Start'. A horror movie in which the plot involves a woman who is self-conscious. She is very unhappy with her appearance and resorts to having plastic surgery at a mysterious hospital deep in the mountains.

...A Hospital in the mountains. Huh.

I can't help but feel like life is trying to do this to me on purpose. But I'll let it slide as a coincidence this time.

I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride for my sister Yura, as I watched her finally start to make her mark in the entertainment industry. I knew from the start that she had the talent and the looks to make it big, and with our mother having been part of a successful idol group in the past, it only made sense that Yura would inherit her good looks and abilities. I couldn't wait to see where her career would take her next.

As far as my own appearance goes, I'm always standing out. With my unique white hair and striking features, I've received endless compliments from strangers who couldn't resist my cute little button-nose and adorable smile. It was certainly a conversation starter, and it made me feel somewhat special and unique. Many people also asked about my hair color, some even suggesting that I might have albinism since my hair was so different from my very brunette mother.

Even so, I feel a wave of frustration wash over me, whenever I think about how my mother wouldn't stop trying to get me involved with Yura's acting career. It seemed like no matter what Yura did, she had to try and include me as well. It was almost as if she couldn't bear the thought of Yura having her own successes without me being a part of it. It was incredibly frustrating and felt like she was trying to live vicariously through us both.

My mother's obsession with getting me exposure was alarming, to say the least. Not only had she pushed me to appear as an extra in Yura's first movie, but she had also made photo books of me that sold like hotcakes. It was disturbing to think about how far she was willing to go to push me into the spotlight.

Who in their right mind would buy a three year old's photo book, consisting of him wearing embarrassing outfits?

Ugh, Shotacons... I feel violated. This nation is going to hell...

So, after my mother negotiated for me to appear as an extra in Yura's movie, we took a taxi to the film set. As expected, it was a small production, with just a few crew members and a couple of cameras, along with the rented location that they had rented for a day to shoot the scenes that were supposed to involve me. It was a humble set up, but it was all they could afford as a low-budget film.