Ch.14 - KINDERGARTEN:

Eventually, Ai would recover from her illness and would make a full return to her career as an idol

As someone who had always admired the talents of Ai, I had always looked up to her, and her absence had hit me hard. So I was overjoyed to see her back on stage and singing with such energy and grace as if nothing had ever happened. It was almost like she had never been away at all! It made me really wonder just what kind of illness could possibly have sidelined her in such a way.

My heart breaks when I think about those who have suffered and fought through illness, only to lose their battle. It's a cruel truth of this world that some people suffer and never find a way to recover from their pain. This is something I have seen firsthand, having lost Sarina to cancer. 

During those three years I was out, there still has been no discovery of a cure. Only treatment... I wish that there was a way to change it, to turn the tables so that those suffering will one day be healed and happy again.

At least this world isn't as cruel to take Ai away just like it did with Sarina.

*Sigh* The world can be both cruel and irritating.

When it came time to watch television, I was more keen on staying informed about the world around me than Riku was. So when she tried to sit me down in front of yet another one of her boring idol groups, I took matters into my own hands when she left the room, and I changed the channel from an idol network to a news broadcast instead. At least that way, I could stay up-to-date with what was happening in the world.

 At least that way, I could stay up-to-date with what was happening in the world

I...couldn't believe it.

SEARCH FOR MISSING GYNAECOLOGIST IN MIYAZAKI YIELDS NO RESULTS.

This is unbelievable! After messing with everything in my life, after manipulating my friend, after ruining everything I tried to build, this spineless coward has the nerve... the nerve to just run away?! BASTARD!

Heh... Really now? You think you can escape me, Gorou Amamiya? You truly are a fool. You can run, and you can hide, but I will find you, I promise you that. I won't stop until you, and those vile parents of Sarina pay for what you've done. You have my word.