I stepped back instantly, silently releasing a relieved sigh, pushing away the sudden emptiness I felt without his warmth around me.

Ares stepped away from me, marching his way out of my office, but stopped at the entrance. "Arrange the files in my office in chronological order, and filter the older ones, transfer them to the storehouse, and set the others according to their importance. Report to me after that." He ordered.

I automatically looked at the clock and blurted, "But it's almost 5 P.M."

"So?" Ares raised his eyebrows in an uncaring manner. "I'm your boss after all!" He said in a mocking tone.

"Do you have any objections, Miss Lawson?" He inquired coldly, raising an eyebrow, challenging me to defy his orders. I had to work on my designs tonight.

Guess I would just have to work overtime tonight. I flashed him a wide fake smile and answered, "No, Mr. Knight."

He was being a jerk again...

Ares' lips pressed into a thin line, looking at my fake smile. As he turned around to leave, my hands turned into fists, faking a punch on his head.

"Jerk, holding a grudge," I mumbled under my breath when he was out of the office.

He abruptly turned around, and I instantly pulled my hands down, shutting my mouth.

"Did you say something, Miss Lawson?" He inquired in the same bossy tone. I quickly shook my head, my heart beating uncontrollably in my chest.

Did he hear what I said?

"Better," he muttered loud enough for me to hear and left.

I couldn't help but stare towards the way he left. It could be my imagination, but I think I noticed his lips turning into an evil smirk just before turning around.

******************

"Ares Simon Knight, you Dinosaur!!!!" I yelled, my voice echoing through the silent store room as I unleashed my frustration on the file rack, punctuating each outburst with a kick to the carton beside it.

"Coldzilla, T-Rex, Grudgezilla!!!" My chest heaved rapidly, my eyes fixated on the towering piles of work in front of me.

For an entire week, Ares had seemingly made it his mission to personally burden me with an overwhelming workload. Days were spent confined in the store room, and nights stretched into overtime in his office.

I don't know which of my words pissed him off so much that he is revenging on me like this now, but now I'm getting certain that he heard me calling him names, which is why he has been giving me challenging glances to defy his orders, so he could pick a fight.

As I hoisted the box of files I needed, making my way back to the executive floor, sympathetic glances followed me from my colleagues' offices.

Of course! Since I was the "boss's" hot target these days, everyone was expecting me to resign sooner or later, or at least cry my eyes out with all his orders, but what can I say, this workload, demanding as it was, paled in comparison to the hours I had once dedicated to work when we first learned about mom's condition.

My phone buzzed in my pocket just as the elevator doors opened with a ping. I stepped in, holding the box in one hand, and retrieved the phone from other. A man dressed in black entered after me.

I gave him a glance, furrowing my eyebrows. He didn't seem like a guy who would work here; he was wearing a cap and had a mask on his face.

Shrugging my thoughts away, I picked up Beastie's call. Random people couldn't enter the Knight Group anyway.