53. The meal of their lives

Start from the beginning

Taemin chuckled at the sight of his nervous fanboy. "Thank you for coming to my concert."

Taemin bowed at Jisung. Of course Jisung immediately bowed back. Wow. His idol just bowed at him.

Quickly Jisung pulled himself together by taking a big breath. "C-can you sign..." Jisung looked around but the only thing he had was the napkin he had just taken from his table. "Sorry, I probably shouldn't ask here."

"That's okay. To who should I sign?" Taemin asked.

Oh. My. God. Jisung was going to get Taemin's signature, holy shit.

"Ah- uhh- I'm Jisung, but Minho. My boyfriend. Sign for him please." Jisung put the napkin forward.

"One of my members is called Minho. Ah, you already know that." Taemin smiled and took the napkin. "Do you have a pen?"

Goddammit. Jisung didn't have a pen. Or a sharpie. Not even a crayon. What even was Taemin supposed to sign with.

Jisung put his cold hand against his cheek, trying to cool himself down. "I don't have anything to sign with, I'm sorry for wasting your time."

Before Taemin could say anything, Jisung quickly turned around and practically ran back to his table.

"What's wrong? You look even paler than before." Minho concerningly put his hand up to Jisung's cheek, which was glowing. "Are you not feeling well?"

"Taemin." Jisung managed to choke out.

"What about Taemin?" Minho asked.

"Restroom. I saw him. In the restroom." Jisung felt like he was going to faint. But he couldn't faint with someone so famous so close by. So instead he took a big gulp of his water and tried to stay conscious.

For the rest of the dinner, they pretty much only talked about SHINee and Taemin. Of course he was the topic. Everyone loves SHINee, especially Taemin. And now that they had all seen him in the restaurant they were eating at, they couldn't stop talking about it. They discussed their favourite SHINee moments and to which of their concerts all of them had gone to.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation." A tall figure stood next their table. Yes, that tall figure. Covered in Dior. Taemin, THE Taemin form SHINee.

Their table immediately fell silent. It was so silent, Jisung thought everyone must have held their breath.

"You forgot this." Taemin handed Jisung a napkin. The napkin he had asked his idol to sign. So stupid, he had left a dirty napkin in Taemin's hands. Jisung could cry about how embarrassing this whole interaction had been. Though he loved Taemin, he hoped it would be over soon so he could stop embarrassing himself.

Jisung abruptly got up to take the napkin with both hands. He quickly bowed. Taemin smiled at him and shortly bowed back.

"It was nice to meet you, Jisung." Oh my god, Taemin remembered his name.

"Me too! I mean, you too! I mean- Thank you!" Jisung bowed once more and watched Taemin leave before he sat down.

When Jisung finally dared to look back at the group, they were all staring at him with open eyes and mouths. But nobody said anything.

Jisung looked down at the napkin.

For Jisung and Minho, boyfriends.

Taemin

Now Jisung's mouth fell open too. Taemin had signed his napkin. To him. And Minho. Without saying anything, he tilted the napkin towards Minho. Slowly Minho reached for the napkin. He took it with both hands and silently stared at Jisung.

"I asked for a signature. For you." Jisung said when he finally was able to speak again.

Finally, Minho broke from his trance. "Oh my god, the Taemin knows who I am!" He squealed.

"Well, he knows of you." Lewis corrected.

"Uh, you are just jealous that Taemin didn't write your name on a napkin." Minho bickered.

When they had finished their desserts, a door in the back of the restaurant opened again.

"Oh my god, we might get one final look at Taemin." Sam whispered from the other end of the table.

And sure enough, behind the other men in suits, Taemin walked out of that door. An employee closed the door behind them again. They could see Taemin bow to the men in suits. Those men left first. Only Taemin and two other men stayed behind.

Taemin talked to the two men for a little before heading towards the entrance.

"He's coming this way again." Chris froze as he saw Taemin move.

But Taemin didn't seem to head straight towards the exit. Right before entering the hallway, he turned around. And he was heading back where he came from. No, he headed somewhere straight with intent. To their table.

"Sorry to interrupt you again." The SHINee member smiled at them.

"You can interrupt us as much as you want." Sam blurted out. This earned him a kick under the table from Innie. Jisung could see Sam bite his lip as he tried not to show his pain.

"Did you- did you perhaps want to take a picture with me?" Taemin offered.

Immediately Minho shot up and bowed as deep as he could while standing. "We would be honoured."

The idol laughed and gestured for them to stand up. "I saw all of you eyeing me the moment I entered."

All the guys immediately turned all shades of red and pink. They couldn't hide their embarrassment and admiration towards their idol.

Chris handed his phone to a staff member to take the picture. Everyone cramped close together to all be as close to Taemin as possible. The staff took a couple of pictures before the two men from earlier came to fetch Taemin.

"We have to go now, sir. Please follow us to the car."

Taemin bowed politely. All of the boys bowed back as deep as they could.

This was an evening they would never forget.