26. You have a good influence on me

MinhoHave you checked Innie's dorm yet?

It was a text from Minho. After Jisung was totally panicking, he finally texted Minho that he couldn't find Sam anywhere.

Jisung speed walked to Innie's dorm after getting another text from Minho, telling him where the dorm was.
Jisung had never been to Innie's dorm before, so he was kind of worried that he would be in the wrong place. Or that Sam wasn't even there. That would be far worse actually, because then Sam was truely missing. Or hiding. Whatever the case was, if Sam wasn't there, Jisung's anxiety would go through the roof.

With shaking hands he knocked on the dormdoor.

He waited.

No one answered.

He knocked again. Just a little louder.

Right after that the door swung open. "Sam doesn't want to talk to you." Innie said while blocking the entrance to his dorm.

"So he is here?" Jisung asked half relieved, half worried.

"Yes, he is. And he doesn't want to talk to you." Over Innie's shoulder Jisung could see Sam sitting on the couch. Sam wasn't looking in their direction, but somehow he knew that Sam was listening.

"Please, I need to apologise." Jisung begged.

Innie seemed to think about it and for a split second Jisung thought Innie might actually let him in.

Then he said, "No, sorry. He really doesn't want to talk to you."

Jisung thought about what Minho had said earlier. He sighed, it might be his only chance.

"Okay then." Jisung said. Innie thought he was going to give up just like that. But Jisung wouldn't be Jisung without Sam.

So he got on his knees, put his hands together and his foreheard to the ground and begged. Literally.

"Please Innie, all I ask for just a little time with Sam. I want to apologise to him because I was wrong. I was unnecessarily mean to him and I regret it so much."

"Isn't going on your knees just to speak to me a little too much?" Sam had walked over to the door. He sounded annoyed, but there was a hint of sarcasm in there too.

Without standing or looking up, Jisung continued to explain himself. "I'm so sorry Sam, I said really mean things I didn't mean because I felt butthurt. I knew it was wrong when I said it, I don't know why it came out. But it did. And I regret it so so so much. I don't want to lose you as my best - and only - friend."

"If I forgive you, will you stop embarrassing both of us by kneeling like this in the hallway?" Though this sounded like Sam just forgave Jisung to get rid of him, Jisung knew Sam had to make a joke out of it and that he was actually thankful for Jisung's apology.

"Yes, I will." Jisung answered, still kneeled down.

"Then get up already!"

"You haven't forgiven me yet." He still had his forehead on the ground.

"Alright, alright. I forgive you Jisung, thank you for apologising to me." Sam hesitated before he apologised on his own. "I'm sorry for calling you a shitshow of a friend, up until that moment you've actually been the best friend ever."

When Jisung finally stood up, he saw Sam smiling at him. "Thank you for forgiving me, I deserved what you said to me." They went in for a big hug and squeezed eachother very tight.

"Now, don't do that to me ever again!" Sam said sternly.

"Don't worry, I promise to never do that again. Even Minho thought I was an ass for what I said to you."

"Minho's a keeper." Sam smirked.

"Hm, but can you say the same thing about Innie?" Jisung was already back to teasing Sam. Saying this to Sam in front of Innie made both of them feel awkward. Jisung smirked, "alright, later!"

Jisung quickly bolted out of the hallway before Sam could shout his name in protest.

"How did it go?" Minho asked when Jisung walked into his dorm again.

"Well, I did go on my knees... but it worked! So we're good now."

"You know when I said that you should do that I was just joking, right? Anyway I'm glad you two are on good terms again." Minho hugged Jisung tightly. "Don't be a dick to your only friend."

Jisung gave Minho a playful push. "I have other friends too!"

"Like who?"

"Like... your friends!"

"Fair, but who would you rather hang out with, Sam or Chris?"

"..."

"Well?"

"Okay shut up, I have only one friend."

"And a boyfriend, don't forget about me so soon." Minho kissed the top of Jisung's head.

Jisung blushed. He felt like the luckiest boy in the world with Minho by his side.

"Sometimes I spend so much time with you that life actually feels good, but then I remember I have a morning class tomorrow." Jisung had spent a lot of time with Minho and Jisung had a habit of forgetting school existed when Minho was in his presence.

"Maybe we should go back to study dates then." Minho joked, but it wouldn't be so bad for his grades either if he went over the material more often. For Minho too, Jisung had more priority than school.

"Alright, I'm going to head back to my dorm and bother lewis with my moping about why I'm with him instead of you."

Minho laughed, "do you want to sleep over here? Then you won't have to leave so soon."

"No, it's fine! I have to make sure I'm in bed on time." Jisung tried to be calm, but he felt his head quickly turning into a tomato at the thought of sleeping in the same bed as Minho.

"Alright, go prepare for your morning class then. Do you want me to pick you up so we can walk to class together?"

"Do you even have a morning class?"

"Does that matter?"

"Not really, I'd love to walk to class together." While Jisung could make snarky remarks, sometimes he was still just as shy as when he first met Minho. He hoped the butterflies would never go away.

Minho stroked Jisung's hair and Jisung leaned into the touch.

"Thank you for being my boyfriend Minho."

Minho still felt the butterflies too, "thank you for letting me be your boyfriend."

Jisung took Minho's hand into his own before leaving. Jisung's tumb stroked over Minho's hand, until he reached the space under Minho's pinkie. He felt something he hadn't noticed before.
Out of curiosity Jisung tilted Minho's hand to the side and inspected it closer.

Though Minho was a little nervous about it, he trusted Jisung and let him examine wherever he wanted.

"How did you get that scar?" After closer inspection, Jisung saw Minho had a couple more smaller scars farther down his wrist and arm. "Did you..."

"No! No... I didn't." Minho quickly answered. "It wasn't me. Remember when I told you I had that huge fight with my dad that got me into the hospital the first time? He kept throwing beer bottles at me."

Jisung felt sorry for Minho. And even more sorry that he asked about it, now Minho probably had to deal with the feelings that came attached to these memories.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... you didn't have to tell me." Jisung said apologetically.

"It's okay, I have nothing to hide from you." Minho was more surprised about his own words than Jisung was. Minho never liked opening up and he hated talking about things like this. But Jisung didn't even need to ask, it felt natural to share it with him.

Even if it brought back some very unpleasant memories.