4. Head in the books

"Ah, good that you're here! I was actually going to ask if you wanted to hang out with us tonight, you can invite Sam too." Lewis said upon Jisung's arrival at the dorm, he then looked up at him "Oh, you and Minho came together?"

Minho pushed himself past Jisung and let himself fall onto the couch, "hm, it happened to be like that."

"I will text Sam and ask him." Jisung was a little taken aback by Minho's sudden mood change, but didn't think much of it. "Wait, you're not going to drink a lot and stay up long right? I love you dude, but it's literally Wednesday."

Lewis shook his head, "don't worry, we're just going to chill and everyone's going back to their dorm around half past ten."

"Okay, but you better be telling the truth because tonight I want to sleep in my own bed, alright?"

"And you'll let Sam sleep over of course." Lewis teased.

"I feel like you're always indirectly insisting that Sam and I are dating, but don't worry, he won't stay." Jisung rolled his eyes. He looked over to Minho and saw him make a weird face, but it did not seem like he was looking at anything, just lost in thought Jisung guessed. "I feel like you guys are hanging out a lot during the week, don't you have school too?"

"That's why Lewis said we're not staying long." Minho raised an eyebrow as if he was surprised by the question.

"Well anyway, who else is coming?" Jisung asked.

"Well, you, me and Minho of course, Chris, Felix and then if you invite Sam, that would be six people." Lewis answered.

"I guess that's alright, tomorrow's classes start late for Sam and I anyway."

The boys tidied the room and set up snacks and drinks for their friends. When they were all there, the boys put their soda cans together and toasted, "may we pass all our classes this year!"

After a while of chatting Chris spoke up, "you know, Jisung and Sam, you guys should come over more often when we all meet up. You're really fun to hang out with!"

"I agree," Lewis said, "you should come sometime when all six of us get together. Then you can meet Sky and Innie too, it'll be fun."
Jisung and Sam smiled and agreed to tag along the next time.

The boys did as promised and didn't stay too late, they went home around half past ten after they cleaned up. "Thank you for inviting us!" Jisung called out after the boys who were exiting the dorm. Chris raised a hand to say goodbye and they left.

Even though the boys wanted to hang out altogether soon, school had been very busy and eventful enough to keep their heads in the books. A couple of weeks had passed and soon exam week came up.

"Fuck. Shit. I'm late." Jisung whispered to himself as he ran to the library. Usually, he really had to study at the library if he wanted to fully focus on his work. Either that or the coffee place near school. Since exam week was coming up, every quiet place was crowded. Jisung bet the coffee bar was full of students practicing their oral exams with their fellow students, so he really had to go to the library for a quiet place. But everyone knows that if you're not there early enough, all seats will be taken.

Why did I need to sleep through my alarm. Jisung thought in frustration as he speed walked across campus to the school's library.

And just like Jisung suspected, packed... the library was totally full and he had no hope of studying there. He was about to turn around and walk away when he saw someone raise their hand. Jisung spotted the person easily now, and a free seat next to them!

Jisung rushed over to the spot and sat down. "Wow I can't believe there's an empty seat here! I was quite late today." He exclaimed quietly to the person who sat next to the empty desk.

"I kept it open for someone, for you." Minho smiled at him. "I may not know you very well, but I know your squirrel brain malfunctions in busy places. Thought you'd appreciate a quiet place to study."

"First of all, ouch, it's called sensory overload. And second of all, I thought we weren't allowed to reserve spots."

"We're not allowed to."

"But then how-"

"You know you could just thank me." Minho teased.

"I'm sorry- thank you!"

Minho turned back to his books and started taking notes again. Jisung wanted to admire Minho's exposed forearms and the way the older boy's lashes curled for just a bit longer, but he knew he shouldn't. Jisung quickly set up his own laptop, books, notebooks and everything he needed for a long day of studying.
When the hands of the clock moved to half past six in the evening Jisung started to get hungry. He knew he should have dinner by now, but he still had so much to revise.

His worries were interrupted by a tap on his arm. Jisung turned to see Minho looking at him. "Wanna go grab some dinner? We should take a break from studying." That proposal sounded like music to Jisung's ears. Dinner with Minho, Jisung would've dropped everything for that. But his eyes darted back to his open books and he sighed.

"I can't, so much left to go over." The younger whined.

"Jisung, you're not going to remember anything anyway if you don't take breaks. Let your mind process what you've just revised."

"But this studying spo-"

"Look around you," Minho cut him off, "the library is mostly empty now. And everyone knows all those students won't get back here after they've had dinner, they'll be full and sleepy."

"But I don't want to be full and sleepy! Well I wouldn't mind something to eat... but you're right, if I eat I get sleepy and then I can't focus on this stupid book anymore."

"I don't even know how to convince you to get out of this library, but you've been here ALL DAY. For the sake of your own mental health, and mine, please go get some air."

"What does your mental health have to do with this? Just get up and leave then." Jisung laughed, but he hoped Minho wouldn't actually leave.

"Nevermind. Maybe I will actually go then." Minho said as he started to put his books in his bag. "You can still get up and leave with me if you want."

Jisung's body was filled with hints of adrenaline. Stupid hormones and stupid blood rushing to his head. He really hoped his face wasn't turning fifty shades of tomato.

Finally Minho stood up to make his last statement, "so dinner with me then?" The older boy extended his hand for Jisung to take.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Fine, okay then, I'll come with you." Jisung quickly started to stuff his school work in his bag, way too shy to take Minho's hand. "But you're paying!" He added before he speed walked out of the library.

Jisung couldn't see it, but he left Minho with a big grin on his face.

And maybe it was better that Jisung didn't see, because then his face would definitely have been burning up like the sun.