9

Colton hasn't spoken to me in a week. Not that I should care we where barely friends, fuck I'd hardly class him as an acquaintance. But it still stung the smallest amount when I attempt to flash him a bright grin in the hallway and I'm just met with a blank stare.

Although right now him ignoring me is one of my less pressing issues, I'm not currently speaking to Farrah because she was the one who spread the rumours about Cole. I tried to nicely speak to her about it but she blocked my number. Plus somehow it spread around that I was obsessed with him and now I'm being constantly teased, all day everyday.

I grit my teeth together when I feel someone body-slam into me followed by small snickers, I re-gain my balance as I continue to trudge down the hall keeping my head down. I just want my pathetic high-school career to be over.

My eyes widen when I feel a hand tightly wrap around my wrist, I attempt to shrug out of the grip but it wasn't budging, I whip my head around to see Elliot staring down at me.

'Please can you let go?'

'I hear that you've got an opening free for tutoring now Cole dumped your sorry ass.'

'He didn't dump me, we just decided that our tutoring wasn't working out.'

'So are you going to help me?'

'Are you going to let me go?...please.'

'Only if you help me.'

I feel anxiety begin to prickle my body as I once again try to shrug out of his grip, 'I'll look at my calendar please just let me go, I really need to be somewhere.'

'It's lunch, where the fuck do you need to go?'

'That's private.'

Truth be told, I was just going to sit on the bleachers and enjoy my solitude but he didn't need to know that.

'I'll come with you.'

'Fuck.' A deep voice says behind me, a shiver runs down my spine, 'Are you fucking deaf? She's asked you to let her go numerous times.'

'What do you care?'

'I don't but I give a shit about consent and right now you're touching her without consent.'

Elliot gulps harshly as Cole edges closer towards him, his grip immediately loosens making me finally able to free myself.

'Now get the fuck out of here.'

I allow my breathing to steady before I face Colton with a small smile, 'Thank you. You didn't have to do that especially because-'

I get harshly cut off, 'I've told you, I don't like men being creepy fucks. That's why I did that, it wasn't for you.'

'I know that and I am really sorry for everything. I promise you it wasn't my intention for your feelings to get hurt or for anyone's feelings to be hurt. I shouldn't have told Farrah-'

'I don't want to hear it.'

'Please can I just explain?'

He shrugs, 'There's nothing to explain, I tried to be your friend, I opened up to you even after your constantly judged me and then you told people my personal shit.'

I wince, 'Okay when you put it like that I'm a massive bitch.'

'I don't think you're a bitch, I just think that you don't like me very much.'

'It isn't that at all. What mark did you get on your recent English paper?'

Cole breathes sharply, 'I don't want to talk about it.'