chapter 25

Kelley

I was just getting ready for bed when there was a  knock on my door. I frowned wondering who would be up this late on a match day. I walked over to the door and opened it to find Alex standing on the other side. "Hi" she said sheepishly "hi, come in, what are you doing here?" I asked as she walked in. I closed the door behind her.

"Zari isn't feeling well so I thought it best to sleep here tonight if that's alright" she explained. "Of course that's fine. Is Zari okay?" I asked worriedly. "Yeah I think it's just a cold or something" Al replied. "Alright make yourself at home" I said, with a smile.

"Thanks babe" she said, flopping onto my bed and closing her eyes. "Don't you want to get ready for bed?" I asked her, "yeah i kinda forgot all of my stuff" she replied, her eyes still closed. I walked over to my suitcase and pulled out some extra pj's that I had packed then walked over to her and placed them on her.

Alex opened her eyes and looked at the clothes then smiled at me. "Thank you babe" she said, getting up and stripping off into her underwear. My eyes travelled down her body. "Hey my eyes are up here" Alex said, snapping me out of my trance. "I um i I um" I stuttered, Alex laughed at me as I felt my cheeks get hot and I knew I was blushing.

"Sorry" I murmured, turning around awkwardly. "Kel don't start acting awkward now we get changed in front of each other all the time in the changing rooms" She said from behind me. I slowly turned back around to find Alex pulling on the pj's.

"Let's go to bed, I'm exhausted," she said with a yawn. "Right yeah" I said, stumbling to the spare bed and flopped down before curling up under the covers. "Kel what are you doing?" I heard Alex ask from the bottom of the bed. "Um i'm going to bed" I said, looking over the top of the covers. "You're not gonna sleep with me?" Alex asked "I uh I mean if you want me too, sure I wouldn't mind" I replied. Instead of me having to get up Alex opted to join me in the bed i was already curled up in. we snuggled into each other and soon fell asleep.

__________

Alex

I woke up the next morning to my alarm blasting through the room. Kelley of course just slept through it. Since she didn't need to get up yet i let her sleep and slipped out of the bed. I quietly snuck out of the room and walked to Tobin and Christens room. I knocked quietly so as not to wake Zari if she was still asleep.

Christen opened the door, fresh outta the shower. "Morning Alex" she said,letting me into the room. "Hi" I replied with a smile "Tobin is in the shower right now. I'm guessing that's why you came here" Chris said, behind me as she closed the door. "Yer and to check on Zari '' I said, walking over to the sleeping child and sweeping the hair out of her face. "how is she doing?" I asked "Better. Her temperature has gone down which is good'' Christen said to me.

I felt my phone start to buzz in my hand. I looked at the screen to see Servando's name. "I gotta take this" I said to Christen holding up my phone she nodded at me and I turned and walked out of the room.

"hello?" I said as I answered

"Alex, finally. Why aren't you picking up my calls or answering my texts?" Servando says through the phone.

"Because i don't want to talk to you Servando" I replied and heard Servando laugh on the other side of the phone.

"Well it's a good thing I'm here then..."

I turned around as I heard the elevator open. I hung up the phone and held it tightly in my hand. Taking a few steps back and I was right next to the Preath family room as if need be all I needed to do was knock.