Chapter 19 - pt1

THERE ARE MENTIONS OF DETAILED SELF HARM AND AND A SUICIDE ATTEMPT

Christen

I decided to do the recap this time. I hope you remember some. Since the last recap honestly not a lot has happened. Okay I was lying when I said nothing much happened. Chapter ten was the worst. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to forget about it. Ashlyn Harris, Tobin Heath, Alex Morgan, Emily Sonnett, Mallory Pugh and Zari all went to Zari's old house to collect her clothes and belongings.

What Mal and Sonnett found and showed me in the cellar will haunt me forever. I made sure Mal and Emily never brought it up with Zari. I knew it wouldn't go down well and Zari didn't need to relive the bad things that she has been through down there. When we got back to the hotel and got to eating, Zari didn't want to stay very long. I got her some food and once she had finished I let her go back to the room. Me and Tobin soon followed and we all fell asleep fairly quickly.

The next day we once again pulled up to the school but this time the whole team was here. The day didn't get off to a good start. Mal and Emily took Zari to her first lesson but Mal soon came running for our help. When we reached Zari she honestly looked like she wanted to kill the teacher. We had to physically restrain her and we managed to remove her from the classroom.

She finally calmed down after a while of sitting with me and Tobin on the field. We had to leave her when Jill wanted us to train. But Zari was in good hands with Kelly and Abby. Soon it was time for Zari's training. Zari decided to blow up at Tobin when Toby was trying to clear away her things so she didn't lose anything Though I think her friends pushed her to. I believe that her friends are a bad influence on her.

It was quickly time for Zari's match. It was quite an evenly matched game. They went in 0-0 at the break, I could tell Zari wasn't happy but Alex had already gone ahead of me so I decided to stay on the bench. The second half was completely different , there was fire to Zari's team. It didn't take long for Zari to score and it was a powerful shot at that. Unfortunately Zari's game was cut short. She did a great tackle but the opersitions striker fell on top of her. It took a while for the ref and the rest of the squad to realize that Zari wasn't running up with them. So Zari's teammate kicked it out of play.

Zari was hurt in the clash, she got kneed in the side and head. But don't worry she's doing alright now. We watched the rest of the game then headed back to the hotel to get ready for our own match against Australia the same night. We won that match which was good. 5-3 to us, Alex scored the first goal, also getting her 100th in the process.

Tobin scored our second, Pinoe scored our third. Minutes later I was subbed on and Mal followed a few minutes later. With her first touch she scored our fourth goal. We had to battle into stoppage time and Mal sealed the game with her second and the team's fifth. After the game we said thank you to our fans then went back to the hotel, Zari was absolutely exhausted.

The next day was Saturday, me, Tobin, Ash and Ali decided it was a good time to design Zari's new room at Ash and Ali's, as that is where she would be staying part time. Once that was done we decided to have a team barbeque. Which was a lot of fun until Jill wanted the squad back for a warm down.

When I went to get Zari from her room she was non responsive. She has been through a lot today, especially with how brave she was with telling us that she struggles with eating. Tobin thankfully came and carried Zari to the car.

Well now you are all caught up. Let's get back to the story.

_________

To say I was worried was an understatement. "Hey guys listen up!" Carli had to shout, but everyone turned and listened to what she had to say. "Jill and Dawn want us back at the hotel for recovery. So unfortunately we have to leave" She said, many people groaned but moved to leave anyway. The team helped clear away everything from the back yard whilst I made my way up to Zari's room.