Chapter 9

Zari's POV

Yesterday was a long day.

—----------------------------

It's been a while since this story started so why don't we do a recap. I'm a 16 year old who goes to Breckin High. I have a small friend group who are all part of the school soccer team just like me (Kade, Alex, Anne).

The USWNT (the US womens national team) came to our school to do some PE lessons and help with our soccer training. This is when I met my idols Ashlyn Harris and Kelly O'Hara. Which was a shock to say the least.

I didn't have the best home life and Alex Morgan and some of the other players realised. I tried to keep my home life a secret but it was breaking me and eventually I told 4 of the players.

I had a rough day at school and the players convinced the principal to let me go with them. They took me back to the hotel where I had two panic attacks which was great ( Note the sarcasm). Then they took me surfing. I've never been surfing so it was fun. Until my dad turned up.

I was scared for my life but the players saved me and my dad was taken to the police station because he was drunk driving. Alex Morgan, Tobin Heath, Ashlyn Harris and Christen Press took me to the station to tell my story. Social services were called and Christen and Tobin adopted me, which I am so thankful for.

We all came back to the hotel and went to bed as we were at the police station for a long time. Halfway through the night I had a nightmare and Christen and Tobin held me and told me I was safe. They both fell asleep with me in bed.

In the morning I was woken by Tobin who gave me some spare clothes and told me to get ready. I jumped in the shower then got out and got changed. Me and Tobin made our way down to breakfast where we found Christen. Ash shouted something at Tobin and Tobin said something back. Ash told Tobin not to swear because there's a kid in the room obviously meaning me.

I decided to respond that I didn't care, using swearing to prove my point. Christen came up to us and said good morning and she gave her coffee to Tobin who obviously needed it. She also told me that the swearing wasn't necessary. But hey I was trying to prove my point.

After we had all had breakfast and Jill had done her announcements, Christen took me and Tobin back up to the hotel room to grab our stuff. Then we went straight back to the lobby where the other seven players were waiting. We got into one of the team cars, except Ash she drove her personal car. And finally we drove to my school for a boring Thursday.

Wow that recap was a lot longer than I intended. So let's get on with the story.

—------------------------

I'm still exhausted from it but I have to go to school. We all jumped out of the van and started to make our way to the reception. I wanted to hold Alex's hand but I was nervous so I just hung behind her slightly. We made our way into the reception and Christen and Tobin walked up to the desk. I joined them at Christen's side, to which she placed her arm around my shoulders.

"Hi we're here to sign in again and I was wondering if we could have a meeting with the principal" Christen asked Rachel (The woman who runs the front desk). "Hi, yes I'll let Miss Evans know that you're here and just sign here please" She said, sliding the clipboard over to Christen and then picked up the phone.

Christen signed everyone in then pulled me in for a proper hug, which I appreciated. Today was gonna be different I could tell. I'm able to go to a safe place after school and I have people who really care about me. "Are you gonna be okay today?" Chris asked "Honestly I don't know" I said back to her. She made me look at her "Alex and Ash are gonna be with you for the first period and me and Tobin can be at your second period waiting, then you can decide who you want" She explained to me.