2. In The Devils' Napalm

With every passing second, the people of more than thirty inched closer to him each with careful steps, taking caution against a kid like him like they would a wild beast despite their overwhelming numbers and armaments. The absolute terror this whole situation instilled in him numbed his mind and body, disabling his ability to think straight and analyze his current predicament. He does have an idea that he possess some sort of supernatural power that made this people fear him, as shown by how he deflected that arrow from earlier without even being aware of his endangerment. However, with zero knowledge of what that power even is and how he would ever be able to use it, he has no choice but to leave his fate up to their judgement.

It's a fact too sad for him to ever fully come to terms with, but it seems like no matter in what life, world, or reality he's in, Dian would never be able to find true happiness. That is a thought that always haunted him all his life, until now when he realized none of those are simply products of his mind, more than just a threat dripping with ghastliness. It's pretty clear now that all his existence led to this abyss.

"Ready your shots once more, for now let's test his powers out by shooting a few arrows. If he's actually an experienced Alterealist, he would do more than just make use of his Reality Bubble's passive deflection, and might turn our arrows against us. I'm not sure if we can pierce trough its defenses, but it shouldn't be completely impenetrable." Advised Zahndis calmly, yet with a stare as hot as lasers directed at him that feels like it could burn right through his body.

Lezroz then looked up at the watchtower guards "You heard him, it's your turn!"

"Right away, sir!" Answered the watchers in unison, which includes both men and women reflecting the main forces on the ground, except for the fact the ones below are more varied in age. They seem to be chosen to become the best archers, which combined with all of this just shows how adept they are at combat for mere villagers, abnormally so even.

They then pulled at their bow strings and aimed at him, all prepared to rain him down with arrows. As if dying after being lured into getting hit by a speeding truck isn't bad enough, now he is going to be riddled with holes until he bleeds and die leaving his veins run hollow. Yet, when the arrows are unleashed upon him once more, twice now every one of them are thrown to the side as if blown by unseen powers, soothing a bit of the boy's sorrow. Could it be that destiny itself still favors Dian somehow? A train of thought he wished death wouldn't immediately follow.

"Wh-what? Inconceivable, I know I can't speak for sure as I haven't seen many myself before, but it shouldn't be possible to have a protection that strong for a fresh blood Alterealist. Who are you, boy? Don't tell me you are actually an experienced one who's just toying with us!" Accused Zahndis as he points at Dian with fear starting to show in both his face and tone, his gaze changing from one of scorn to one that's torn.

"Huh? I-is he really that big of a threat, Prealtor Zahndis? Ho-how is that even possible? How in the Seven False Heights did we get two powerful ones Realizing themselves into this region in a row?!"

"I have no way of certifying that, Lezroz. Perhaps the Abominable Goddess Herself had put on a curse on the very lands of Vacnoem you and your people live in, saving up its strength for these past hundred years to strike all of you when you are tamed by the peaceful times. The lack of their appearance here must be all for this moment." Deduced the man without taking off his eyes from him even once, as if expecting him to just teleport behind him and break his neck if he took his eyes off him for just a second. The man barely even blinks, he's like a wolf whose sight is all set on its prey.

The way things are now, there's still not a single proper processing space for something intelligent in his brain, nearly all the gears inside halting to a grind. However, those that does work came up with a not so brilliant yet passable idea, even if it's the brain equivalent of passing gas. If they already fear him so much without him actually doing anything he's aware of, but instead just letting this Reality Bubble thing run free on its own, then maybe he can use this as a chance to fool them with a bluff and let his terror be known. Nobody in their right mind would ever call this a good plan, but a "no body" is also what he would ended up being if he doesn't try to make it land.