⁰⁰⁹

We got home and Mike put Abby to bed while I sat in our room, Mike didn't seem too happy with me but what I don't understand is why he's not happy with me?

After a while Mike finally walked back into the room and sighed, not looking me in the eye once and at this point, I started getting annoyed so I spoke up.

"If this is about letting Abby near the animatronics then save your breath Mike, I was with her so I could keep an eye on her" I said and he shook his head.

"But why did you let her go? You know I specifically told her not to leave the office under any circumstance" Mike replied and I shook my head.

"She was fine with me, I was keeping her safe, if anything has started to go wrong I would've kept her safe like I always do" I said, getting more frustrated with Mike.

"But what if you weren't there! She could've gotten hurt!" Mike retorted and I rolled my eyes.

"Mike, she's 10, she isn't a baby anymore! She knows how to look after herself!" I replied, my voice getting a little bit louder as we argue.

"If anything happened to Abby they would see us unfit to keep her in our custody! She'd go to bloody Aunt Jane! Is that what you want?" Mike argued back and I sighed.

"Well if you listened, I said I was with Abby, you were the one too caught up sleeping to even pay attention to our job! Vanessa told you about sleeping on the job and you're just ignoring her! Abby could've gotten hurt if I didn't go with her to make sure she was okay!" I shouted back at him.

"Oh yeah, you're gonna protect Abby just like you protected Kate! Look how that turned out! Kates gone!" Mike shouted and that was my breaking point.

"That was low, even for you Mike, and just so you know, I would risk my life for Abby, she is like a little sister to me and I would never forgive myself if something happened to her" I said angrily before leaving the room, going into Abby's to see the little girl still asleep.

"I promise, no matter what happens, I'll protect you" I whispered before kissing the young girl on the head and sitting at her desk.

I noticed something on her desk that made me worried, something Mike hadn't mentioned to me, probably because we were arguing. It was two pictures, one of a small boy in the back of a car and he looked sad while the other picture had a little girl who looked like Kate also in the back of the car, reminding me of the day she got taken.

"This cant be right.." I whispered, looking at the drawing of the girl and boy who look sad in the back of the car in the drawing.

I decided to go to the living room after a while of staring at the drawing, I sat myself on the couch and sat in silence, thinking about what happened last night with the animatronics and then a few minutes ago with the pictures, something feels off.

I must of fallen asleep because I woke up to the smell of soup, I sat up and saw Mike and Abby, Abby was sitting at the table with her bowl of soup and Mike was sitting at the table with two cups of coffee in his hands.

"Good morning Grace!" Abby said and I smiled, getting off the sofa and joining them at the table.

"Morning Abs, morning Mike" I said as Mike passed me one of the cups of coffee which I silently thanked him for.

"Hey, Abby, um, we need to talk about last night, okay?" Mike started and I looked at him while Abby nodded.

"Um... So those, uh, those... machines..." Mike started before Abby spoke up, a confused look on her face.

"My friends?" Abby asked and Mike nodded.

"Mike are you sure you want to talk about this now?" I asked and he sighed, ignoring what I had just asked him.