⁰⁰⁷

We arrived home after a long, silent car ride, I was asleep for most of it and surprisingly woke up in mine and Mike's bed which was nice, Mike was laying beside me, holding me while he slept.

I didn't want to move so I laid there with him, enjoying this time we had together, we do normally get to have time together but not as intimate as this and I just want this to last forever.

"Good morning Grace" Mike whispered, pressing a kiss to the back of my head, holding me tighter in his arms.

"Good morning Mike" I replied, looking at the time to see it was 10am.

"We should really get up, Abby may be awake and want breakfast" I said but Mike shook his head and snuggled into me more.

"Five more minutes" he said but I shook my head, trying to get out of bed.

"Come on Mike, one of us needs to make sure Abby is okay and to start getting breakfast done" I replied and finally got myself out of bed.

"Why are you being so mean?" Mike asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, get up" I said as I left the room to go to Abby's room.

I knocked on the door softly and opened it to see Abby at her desk drawing, I smiled and waited for her to notice me and when she did, she came over and gave me a hug and said good morning before going back to drawing.

"Hey Abs, do you want some breakfast?" I asked and she nodded before getting off her chair once more and coming with me to go make breakfast.

"Can we have pancakes?" The girl asked and I nodded, starting to get the stuff to make pancakes with.

"Good morning" I heard Mike say as he made his way over to the table where Abby was sitting.

"How'd you sleep Mike?" I asked and he nodded, still looking tired so I decided to make him a coffee.

Once his coffee was done, I brought it over to him and he thanked me, kissing my cheek before I went back to finishing up the pancakes.

I served them both breakfast before going to mine and Mike's room to go get ready for the day, I was still in my clothes from yesterday so I tossed them onto the bed quickly while I got dressed, I just put on a pair of sweatpants and a shirt before taking my dirty clothes to the washing machine and tossing them in.

"Thanks for breakfast Grace!" Abby said as she ran past me to go to her room, only to come back with her colouring stuff.

"You're welcome Abby" I said as I sat down at the table and finally ate breakfast.

"I can't stop thinking about what Vanessa said earlier, about those kids going missing, the place being shut down, I mean it just seems weird" Mike said and I agreed.

"Yeah it is a bit weird, let's not think about it now yeah? Let's just spend time with Abby" I said and he sighed, looking at his sister before back at me.

"All she wants to do is colour, how am I meant to spend time with her if that's all she's doing?" I shrugged but smiled at him.

"You'll figure that out, I know you will" I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek before going to sit on the couch close to where Abby was.

Abby offered me some paper and crayons so I could draw if I'd like to and I agreed so we both started drawing while Mike just watched us.

After a while of drawing, we decided to watch some TV while we continued with our drawings, Mike had eventually moved from the table to the sofa and just sat there watching the TV before he decided to speak up.