010. Port Angeles

✧

For the first time in a while, the sun was shining in Forks, Washington. Despite the autumn breeze, the sunshine helped in getting rid of the chilly temperature, allowing locals to soak up some nice vitamin D. With the sun shining and the glorious blue skies, that only meant the Cullens wouldn't be attending school.

As much as Mia is loving this weather, she can't help but wish it had been saved for the weekend. That way, she could attempt to convince Edward to show what happens to him in the sun since apparently, it doesn't burn him like she thought. Yet another thing textbooks should correct.

Currently, she's sitting at one of the tables outside the school. Many are sitting down on the grass, others are tossing a football around, while she and her friends are having lunch. She takes a bite of her sandwich and tries focusing on what Jessica is saying, but it's hard when noticing Bella looking around as if expecting Edward to show up.

"He's not here," Jessica tells her when noticing Bella's wandering eyes. "Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullens disappear."

Bella plays with her apple as she becomes much more curious, "What, do they just ditch?"

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank them out for, like, hiking and camping and stuff," she explains while leaning her head back to soak up the sun, which makes the scar from the attack much more visible. "I tried that out on my parents. Not even close."

Mia tries to stifle a laugh from knowing they're not camping, but are actually hunting. Edward has told her that on sunny days, he and his family head up to the mountains to feed. It's much easier to hunt in the daylight than at night since all the animals are out.

"Guys, I'm going to the dance with Eric," Angela excitedly says with a bright smile. "I just asked him. I took control."

"I told you that would happen," Bella tells her.

"Yes! Finally it's happened!" Mia loves seeing how happy Angela is. She's the only other person besides Bella and Edward that she actually likes and appears to be genuine.

Angela chuckles happily and wraps her arms around her and Bella, giving them a gentle squeeze before pulling away, "So Bella, are you coming with us to Port Angeles? It's dress shopping time!"

Bella seems hesitant in going, but after doing research on the legends last night and learning there's a bookstore at Port Angeles, she decides to attend. Besides, it's not like she'll be going to the dance, anyway, so where's the harm in accompanying them?

"Yeah, I'm going."

"Good, 'cause we need all the advice we can get," Angela admits.

"So I take it you changed your mind and you're going to the dance?" Mia's hoping she comes as she really doesn't want to attend her first dance alone. Sure, she can go with the guys that have asked her, but none of them have caught her eye to make her willing to spend hours dancing with.