Chapter 6

Listen to Daylight by Taylor Swift 🎶

I didn't even acknowledge when we finished Vampire Dairies season one next week. I placed Kuma every night on the edge of the bed to snuggle up to her because I simply didn't have the guts to close the distance between us every night however in the morning I do find her snuggling up to me and we never talk about how we cuddle in sleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night and Rosie wasn't in bed, I looked towards the bathroom but the light was off so I went downstairs since I was starving too. I saw her eating my cookies! 

"ROSIE! There were only 2 left!" I sensed that someone broke my heart. "I was craving it..." I dramatically sat on the stairs.

"I was hungry..." she pouted, she was cute but I told myself it wasn't gonna work like that.

She had the last half of the cookie in her mouth when she took it out. "There is one left" She forced a smile showing me the cookie.

"No! I want the box!" I exclaimed.

She didn't think twice eating the last piece causing me to glare at her, "What? You said you didn't want it" she shrugged.

"Why are you so adorable? I can't scold but I want something to eat... something sweet..." I throw myself on the couch in the living room.

She poured chocolate bars on me and there were so many, I have never felt my heart fluttering like this. It was like she was drenching me in her love, there might be more than 30 chocolate bars though she still searched up in her pocket pulling out the biggest bar.

"Here..." She tore off the wrapper handing me the chocolate bar she smiled. 

"How do you know I'm craving something sweet today?" I withered because I never told her about it.

She shrugged, "I saw you eating sugar after breakfast"

Damn her... can she be any less observant and sweet? I'm afraid I'll get diabetes.

"You'll get me diabetes" I eat the chocolate bar anyway.

"You won't..." she sat beside me unwrapping me another bar till I finished the one in my hand.

She was staring at me the whole time and I wondered why I hadn't met her before. Why it took so long for me to find her? Well, she even stole bites from the bar I was eating.

"You're spoiling me..." I took another bar from her she had already unwrapped it.

She chuckled, "I have no one to spoil except you" 

Kuma came out of nowhere jumping on her lap, "Actually you do" I chuckled giving him a bite from the bar too while she massaged his back.

"He's cute... he loves me" She kissed his head.

"I'm cute too" I tilted my head for her to kiss and she chuckled kissing my cheek. " and I'm more than cute..." I earned one more kiss. "I have pretty eyes..." I voiced when she was drawing back so she held my jaw, she was barely touching my chin yet I felt tingles in my heart as she kissed me again.

"I picked you up from work, yesterday..." I don't know where all of this coming from but I didn't want her kisses to end and she kissed my cheek again.

"I—I... I'm wearing your favourite colour" Another kiss.

I was running out of excuses so I had the last shot. I let the chocolate bar fall grabbing her collar I towed her up to me, "I'm your wife..." I look up into her eyes feeling the firecracker bursting in the sky.

She sighed grasping my frenzied cheeks in between her palms, "Yes, you are... the most gorgeous wife anyone can have" 

My hands shake a bit though I propel her back on the couch straddling her. I heard the sounds of chocolate bar wrappers which helped to overshadow the sound of my beating heart I leaned in for a chocolate kiss.