"Why're you talking so formal, Ginny Gin. You sound like a grandma... and look like one too." Pierre laughed over Arthur's head.

"I don't remember you being apart of this conversation, Pie Face." Charles quipped back at his friend with more aggression than meant.

Pierre's eyes darkened. Chloe glanced between them with a nervous twist of her lips. She furrowed her brows, looking at Ginny with some-sort of telepathy. Ginny read her lips before she forced a grin and turned away before anyone could notice.

'I'm sorry.'

Charles placed a hand on Ginny's elbow. "Has he been-"

"I can handle Pierre." Ginny flinched away, rubbing off his touch with her own hand. She continued looking at Victoria, waiting for her response. She was holding onto Charles like he was a teddy bear... which he was.

"I'm 15."

"I'm 14." Ginny sighed. "Same age as Arthur."

"Oh, right!" Victoria playfully hit her head like she was a quirky queen. "Charles mentioned that! You and Arthur must be so close then?"

"Not really." Ginny shrugged, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. "I'm closer to Chloe."

"Ouch." Arthur grabbed Ginny by her shoulders. He shook them wildly, chuckling to himself. "And to think I've always considered you my friend."

Ginny nudged him in his stomach with her arm. "Shut up."

"You look nice, Ginny." Charles smiled like he was in pain. He had an arm around Victoria's waist. His fingers touched the skin showing off from her crop top. Ginny imagined how warm his skin must feel. "I like your shoes."

Ginny felt her heart burn. "Thanks. They're new."

Pierre squeezed through the group and grabbed Ginny by her right leg. She stumbled, almost tripping over as he yanked her foot on top of his toned thigh. He whipped out a black sharpie and grinned wickedly between Ginny and Charles. "Vic, Charles and Ginny always had this tradition where Charles would draw on her new converse. But I think I'll take over this year... what should I draw? A dick maybe?"

Ginny stared at him with hate. He had known about Victoria and Charles. He knew how Ginny felt about him. He knew. She pressed her hands against his chest and pushed with all her might, knocking him over on his back as she stood straight, towering over him for once. His sea-green eyes peered up into her caramel brown orbs that were filled with water.

Tears.

Everyone had stopped talking.

They were staring.

"Don't touch my fucking shoes, Pie Face. Get a life and stop ruining mine, will you?"

"Ginny-" Charles whispered, reaching forward.

"Sorry." Ginny took a step back and felt Arthur. He let his hand slip down her back as she crept toward the hallway. "I think I just need to lie down for a second. It was nice meeting you, Victoria."

"We're staying here too!" Victoria tried to push through the awkward and tense air. "If you want to hang out... I'm down the hall!"

Arthur grabbed Ginny's arm, lowering his head to whisper in her ear. "You're better than her, Ginny."

Ginny glanced at him and shook her head before walking out the door. She didn't even look back to check on Pierre. She went back to her room and took off her shoes. She threw them against the closet before collapsing on the bed, crying.

__

"Ginny?" A faint voice whispered harshly on the other side of the white-painted door. "Ginny!?"