||2. Uncharted Threads of Tension||

"I have both of your girls' outfits ready for lunch

"I have both of your girls' outfits ready for lunch. Take some rest for few hours then we will all get ready," Mirha, Saim's mother, told both Elena and Mehrun as everyone finished their breakfast.

"Thank you," Elena kissed on Mirha's cheek then went to her room which was specially ready for her.

Today both Elena and Vivian arrived in Pakistan for their best friend Saim's reception. They had already missed his Nikah and Barat ceremony, now they couldn't miss his reception too or else they had to meet him and his wife when they had their own wedding in New York.

Their own wedding which was already in question, when.

She sighed helplessly in distress as she sat on the bed. Her phone made loud noises, making her sigh once again as she glanced at the phone.

"Not again," She mumbled, pressing the power button and shutting down her phone.

It was from her father's secretary again. His secretary had been calling her before they left from London. Of course, her father himself would never call for anything unless it troubled his principles or threatened his seat of mayor.

But what would he do once he knew of how she went against him and married Vivian, the man whom he hated so much. Thinking this she got another wave of headache but for once she hadn't regretted her decision of marrying Vivian.

She sighed for the last time, decided to put this matter back in mind until she's here in Pakistan to enjoy her short stay. She put her head on the pillow and closed her eyes for a little rest before lunch.

"This dress is so beautiful, Auntie. I really love it," Elena beamed happily as she looked at her reflection in the full length mirror.

She was wearing pink color long silk pishwas that had mirror embroidery on it and had three quarter sleeves, with organza dupatta and nude high heels. She turned her eyes to Mehrun who was also wearing pishwas but in gold color and floral motifs on it.

"You both look really amazing. Quickly, come, stand here," Mirha told them, pointing them to stand together in front of them.

"She's going to take evil eyes off of us," Mehrun whispered with a smile, explaining her as Mirha was taking evil eyes off of them with red chillies and money.

"After all, both of us are looking really beautiful. Aren't we?" Elena winked at her.

Just as Mirha was done, she took both the girls out where the men were waiting for them, standing beside the cars.

"You both take Saim's car. I'll go with my Ali," Mirha told them before moving towards Arash.

As Mirha reached Arash, Saim and Vivian both looked at their respective ladies, only to be stunned. Elena felt the hot stares of someone on her, making her giddy but also nervous and fidgety.

"They look so beautiful," Saim whispered in Vivian's ear while staring at his shy wife in awe.

Vivian hummed at him while trying to mask his astonishment but honestly he, himself, couldn't take his eyes off of Elena. Adorned in a pink dress, she looked so alluring and elegant that his heart beat just like how it did before she broke it back then.