#013

it was another rainy evening, cold and cozy. wisps of grey, cotton candy clouds wafted in the sky. yeonjun was sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone boringly. he sported a sky blue cardigan to ward off the cold. occasional sniffles would come from him whilst i had my back turned to him in the kitchen, hands busy finding two mugs and coffee powder for the sick boy and i. mindlessly, my hands reached out to the little radio i sneakily stole from yeonjun's drawer. the song began to play and i hummed with the rhythm.

'you don't know, babe. when you hold me and kiss me slowly, it's the sweetest thing and it don't change.'

'if i had it my way, you would know that you are.'

the water began boiling and i absentmindedly gazed outside the rain-stained window. the city was a messy blur of buildings, trees and streetlights as it got bathed by the sky.

"you're the coffee that i need in the morning." yeonjun surprisingly sang along behind me, causing me to flinch a bit. i glanced at him. yeonjun had himself propped against the counter, still singing softly while scrolling through his phone. when did he even get here?

"you're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring."

i bopped my head along to his vocals. i would've sang along but unfortunately, i didn't even know the lyrics. it's not like i had the luxury to listen to songs in the realm. no cupid did.

"won't you give yourself to me? give it all, oh."

click!

hot ghost of a mist puffed into the air from the water kettle once water was completely boiled. i hurriedly poured the boiling liquid into the two mugs, watching how the powder diffuses.

"careful, it's hot." i warned, passing the mug to yeonjun. he sent me a simple smile, muttering a thanks as he strolled towards the balcony of the house. he stayed behind the glass door, observing the earth getting drenched. i copied him, leaning on the wall just beside him. the bitter smell of coffee drifted into my nose and i took quick sips, slightly wincing when my tongue got burnt.

"you're my water when i'm stuck in the desert," yeonjun hummed along. i switched my gaze from the window to him.

i can totally imagine him waltzing to this song with his new girlfriend when it's raining. maybe they could be back hugging whilst staring out into the open. his arms could be wrapped around her waist and his chin could be flopped against her shoulder. his girlfriend's head could be thrown against his other shoulder as they laugh to their heart's content about random conversations. they could be swaying side to side too in each other's embrace.

that'll be cute.

"i just wanna see how beautiful you are," yeonjun turned his gaze over at my dazed self questionably as he trailed off.

"are you done staring? it's creepy how you're staring at me with that smile.." he knocked my head, bringing me back to reality. he then cheekily leaned closer and with a flirtatious tone, he asked, "what fantasies of me were you daydreaming about, hm?"

hastily, i smacked his forehead as hard as i could. yeonjun jumped back, wincing at the sudden pain. i snorted, sipping the coffee.

"you don't look fantasize-able enough." i commented with an eyeroll. yeonjun pouted, scooting closer.

'if life is a movie, then you're the best part, oh oh oh.'

"come on, you were definitely thinking about something about me. what is it? there's no way you weren't with that dreamy smile plastered on your face."

"it's nothing." i waved it off but yeonjun wasn't satisfied with my answer as he continued to pester me like a fly. i bit my lip, shaking my head to signal a 'no' but yeonjun stubbornly continued. hence, i sighed.

"i don't think you'll be happy to hear it though."

"just tell me."

"i was thinking about something... regarding your future relationship."

yeonjun raised a brow. "you seem quite invested in me finding a girlfriend." he commented slyly with a hum. "that's kinda sus though, not gonna lie."

i rolled my eyes. of course, i will be. i'm your cupid, stupid.

"don't think of anything weird. i just got a wild imagination." i mumbled.

yeonjun laughed, throwing his head back. "okay, okay.. but what were you thinking of?"

"something..." yeonjun pouted at my response, nudging my shoulder. ".. you could do with your future girlfriend." i added afterwards, emphasizing the 'could' and 'future'.

yeonjun nodded, "tell me more."

i sipped the drink again and tilted my head up, watching the droplets slide down the window like they were racing among each other. "well, i was just thinking about this scene of you back hugging your girlfriend and swaying to a song like this."

"oh?"

before i could take another sip of the bitter drink, i felt two hands snake its way around my waist. yeonjun's warm breath fanned itself against my neck as he pulled me closer. i don't know what took over him but i could feel him smiling against me as he held me tightly.

"like this?" he breathily asked. his tone sounded almost flirty. too flirty, in fact.

"what.. what are you doing?" i chocked on my saliva as i tried to make out his reflection through the glass.

"making your fantasies come true." he simply replied with an even more flirty tone to which i found myself chocking even more. "okay," i coughed, pulling myself away from his hands but yeonjun pulled me back in.

"wait, hold on. just stay like this." he whispered, "for a while." i stiffly stood until i felt yeonjun place his chin on my shoulder. i felt myself redden and my heart race from such trivial act from him and i tried to distract myself by staring out, watching people in the rain scurry away like ants. however, the warmth of yeonjun spreading to me pulled me back to reality. we began swaying like what i envisioned just now, body going left and right in a rhythmic manner. his cologne reached my nose and a slight sniffle from him finally made me to pull away with force.

"okay pal," i took a few steps away while chuckling. "since you're sick, you better keep a distance from me. like maybe 1 metre? or 2." i smiled awkwardly then frowned, "oh and aren't you cold? that cardigan isn't enough right? let me go get an—" i stumbled on my foot, causing me fall forward. however, yeonjun had already caught me before i could feel the impact before me.

[YEONJUN'S POV]

i bit my lip, chuckling as i caught y/n from slipping. i adoringly gazed at her back that she quickly showed as she waddled away from me to get more cardigans or clothes.

'this feels like summer. boy, you make me feel so alive.'

'just be my lover. boy, you'll lead me to paradise.'

i love this girl. my eyes widened at what crossed my mind out of the blue. wait, what?