Once Broken ......

Pursuing from the antecedent chapter, narcotized Anirudh utterly annihilated Bondita's spirit. She yearned to annihilate herself and perchance even demise shunned approaching her facilely. She felt like a bird with broken wings, unable to fly or escape the cage of her fate. She felt like a flower withered by frost, losing its color and fragrance and becoming a lifeless ornament. She felt like a star fallen from the sky, dim and forgotten by the eyes that once admired her.

But what could she do, what could she say?

 She had no voice, no choice, no way. She had given him her heart, her soul, her everything, and he had crushed them all under his feet. She had trusted him, loved him, followed him, and he had betrayed her, left her. She had dreamed of a bright future, a happy life, a noble cause, and he had shattered them all with his lies.

She was nothing, she was nobody, she was nowhere. She had no hope, no joy, no peace. She had no friends, no family, no home. She had no name, no identity, no dignity. She had nothing to live for, nothing to die for, nothing to fight for. She was a shadow, a ghost, a speck.

He was everything, he was somebody, he was everywhere. He had power, fame, wealth. He had allies, enemies, admirers. He had a reputation, a mission, a vision. He had everything to live for, everything to die for, everything to fight for. He was a hero, a leader, a legend.
How could they ever be together, how could they ever be apart? 

They were opposites, they were parallels, they were complements. They were fire and ice, sun and moon, day and night. They were love and hate, joy and sorrow, life and death. 

They were a miracle, they were a tragedy.

"You broke my heart and left me blue

You lost a love you can't renew"

(A/N: First time trying to write poems please if it is not nice forgive me and please tell me whether it is nice or not)

Bondita was aware that lamenting would be of no avail at this moment. She carried the appellation of "Choti dugga" for a sound reason. She was the brave and fierce daughter of Durga, the goddess of war and strength.

She ought to always assert herself but her physique and psyche were not in consonance with her. Her body was frail and exhausted from the long journey, and her mind was tormented by the memories of betrayal and humiliation.

However, she had sworn to never exhibit frailty before anyone after the ignominy that she endured from the Tulsipur people as she was an adversary at the panchayat and the sole person whom she confided in after her Dugga ma, her Sakha babu, betrayed her.

He was the one who had taught her to read and write, to question and challenge, to dream and aspire. He was the one who had given her the respect and dignity that no one else had. The most agonizing anguish is felt when the one who conferred you with such extraordinary esteem yesterday makes you so unwanted today and she had already suffered that torment. And now, would she not resume combating the malefactions of the nation and the world, was that not their mutual aspiration. But presently she lacked the fortitude to retaliate against anyone or anything. She felt like a candle in the wind, flickering and fading, ready to be snuffed out by the slightest. Wasn't it always their dream, but now he left her hand when he swore not to, just like he always did making her a "chodi hui aurat."

  Was it always a lie?

But she was not alone, she was not helpless, she was not hopeless. She had her Dugga ma, her mother, her protector, who always watched over her, guided her, blessed her. She had her education, her knowledge, her wisdom, which always empowered her, enlightened her, inspired her. She had her courage, her resilience, her spirit, which always lifted her, strengthened her, motivated her.

Love after stormOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara