Chapter Four. Flamingo Croquet

Violet / Alice POV

Jefferson back holding a tray "I hope I didn't make you wait a lot"

I look at him "No, I didn't feel the time. I was reading"

He puts the tray full of snacks, sandwiches, and teapot with cups "What are you reading?" he sits.

I show him the book "Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll"

He widens his eyes trying to smile "Can I see it" I nod giving it to him "Wow" he flips some pages "Oh my"

I wonder "Something wrong?"

"I never heard about it, Where did you bring the book?"

"I found it in the school library"

He nods open Chapter VII: A Mad Tea-Party "I see" looking through the words "You liked it?"

I smile "Very, poor girl Alice and her journey beautiful even decided to let my student play it"

He smiles at me "Can I read it? I mean borrow it from you"

I nod "Of course"

"My bad" he pours tea for us "Here"

I take the cup "Thank you but what happened to you you seemed zoned out when you saw the book"

"When I was a teenager I read the same book and it made me remember some memorize"

"Was good one?"

"Very so talking about you. How is your life? where is your family?"

"Well" I look around "I don't know"

"What? How is that?"

"All I can remember is years ago I opened my eyes I was in the hospital not remember anything. Hours later, Mayor Regina came to me with a file telling me I'm not from here and they found me in the woods I was wounded and someone shocked me with electricity at such a high level that I fell into a coma until I woke up. They did not know who my family was, but they found my medical file" I take a deep breath "From it, they learned that I was a hallucinating psychological patient, and since I was young I had been exposed to electrocution sessions."

He looks at me with anger holding back his tears "You are not mentally ill"

I put my hand on his "I'm sorry, you have held back tears" I groan "I shouldn't tell you this on the first meeting, but for the sake of honesty, and if I have a seizure"

He takes a deep breath "I understand and I don't object to anything, but what happened after that?"

"The mayor introduced me to Archie and gave me medication to prevent seizures" I take a sip  "So I sometimes get lost listening to voices in my brain"

"Didn't you think to listen to these voices?"

I grin "I stopped the medication on my own for that"

He smiles "I always say that anyone who listens to voices in his brain is because he is a creative person whose ideas speak to him" I laugh "Why you laugh?"

"I don't know, I feel like someone said it to me before" He smiles with hope but a cat jumped on the table "oh hello, what are your name, cutie?" I pet it.

"That Cheshire, my cat"

"You really love the book"

He stares into my eyes soften "I am drowning in love with Alice since I was a teenager"

"I can see that" I smile petting it "Hey Cheshire"

* Garden Of Memory *

Alice POV