Introduction

Alice in Wonderland, how do you get to Wonderland? Over the hill or underland, or just behind the tree?

Narrator POV

One warm and quiet summer afternoon, a little girl named Alice was in her garden. Nearby, her older sister was reading her History lesson. But I'm afraid Alice wasn't paying much attention. As a matter of fact, Alice, very quietly, had wandered away and sat down under a tree. Alice, you see, much preferred talking to her cat than learning about History. 

"Meow." 

Alice smiles "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense." 

"Meow." 

"Yes, to be sure. Nothing would be what it isn't. And contrariwise, what it is, it wouldn't be. Uh, do you understand?"

"Meow!"

"Quite sensibly. Furthermore, in my world, you wouldn't say 'meow'. You'd say 'Yes, miss Alice'. Oh, Dinah, you would be just like people. And all the other animals too. Why, in my world..." She starts to sing "Cats and rabbits, would reside in fancy little houses, and be dressed in shoes and hats and trousers. In a world of my own. All the flowers would have very extra special powers, they could sit and talk to you for hours, when I'm lonely in a world of my own. There'd be new birds, lots of nice and friendly how-de-do birds, everyone would have a dozen bluebirds, within that world of my own. I could listen to a babbling brook and here a song that I could understand. I keep wishing it could be that way, because my world would be a wonderland."

"Meow! Meow! Meow!"

"Oh, come now, Dinah! See? It's just a rabbit" She suddenly spots a White Rabbit with a pocket watch and waistcoat lamenting that he is late "A rabbit with a waistcoat and a... oh look, he has a pocket watch!"

 "Oh, my fur and whiskers! I'm late, I'm late I'm late!"

Alice turns to Dinah "Did you hear him? What could a rabbit possibly be late for?" 

"I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

Alice calls after him "Mister Rabbit!" The surprised Alice follows him 

"Wait! Please!"

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I'm overdue. I'm in a rabbit stew. No time to say goodbye, hello! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" The rabbit jumps down his hole.

"Meow!"

"Yes, Dinah, that hole. The rabbit went down that hole. And what a large hole. But I can't see him down there, it's so dark" calling with echo "Mister Rabbit?"

Dinah calling "Meow!"

"Hm. What a peculiar place to have a very important date. Dinah, I'm going to follow that rabbit down the hole."

"Meow."

"I've made up my mind. Goodbye, Dinah" Echo begins "Be a good little kitty and I'll see you in a little...oh. DINAH! I'm falling!" Alice falls "Goodbye, Dinah! Goodbye!" down a rabbit hole, which sends her down a lengthy plummet but to a safe landing "Oh! I'm going downer and downer and downer. Mister Rabbit! Where are you? Oh dear. What if I should fall right through the center of the earth and come out to other side where people walk upside down? Oh, but that's silly. Nobody could... oh!" Echo Stops "I've stopped falling. Oh, I've landed. And how strange. I'm in a room" She falls cause she was sitting upside down "Mister Rabbit?" she stands "Where are you? Hm. Why, here's a little door. He must have opened the door and... " Door handle rattles as she tries to open it "Oh dear. The door is locked."

The door knob opens its eyes "You could be a little more gentle, you know." 

Alice takes a step back "Oh! Who said that?"

"I did, of course." 

"The doorknob?"

"Oh, it's quite all right. But you did give me quite a turn!"

"I'm terribly sorry. But I was following..." Alice starts to cry as she sees the door small.

"Heh, heh, heh. Rather good, what? Doorknob? Turn? Heh, heh, heh."

Alice sniffs "Oh, please help me, sir. I'm looking for a white rabbit, and he must have gone through your door. So, if you don't mind..."

"Oh. sorry, you're much too big to go through. Simply impassible."

"You mean impossible?"

"Oh, no—heh, heh—impassible."

"Now really."

"Why don't you try the bottle on the table?"

As she ponders how to fit through the door, she discovers a bottle reading Drink me "Uh, bottle? Why there is a bottle? And it says, "Drink me.""

"Well?"

"All right. I'll drink it"

Alice hesitantly drinks a portion of the bottle's contents, and to her astonishment "Hmmm, tastes um... like cherry tart... and... and custard... and, oh my goodness. Like Roast turkey" 

"How do you feel"

Alice gets smaller, she shrinks small enough to enter the door "How do I... Oh! What's happening to me? I'm getting smaller. I'm shrinking. I'm getting smaller and smaller and smaller."

"Ho, ho. One more swallow and you would have gone out like a candle."

"Oh, but I'm just the right size now. I can go through the door and..." However, she had left the key upon the table  and is unable to reach it

"Oh. I forgot to tell you. I, um... I'm locked! And the bottle! The one marked, "Drink Me!""

"Where is it?"

"It's floating on the waves! Drink the rest of it! Quickly! Drink it!"

Alice then discovers and eats a cake, which causes her to grow to a tremendous size "I'll... I'll try anything." As the unhappy Alice bursts into tears, the passing White Rabbit flees in a panic, dropping a fan and pair of gloves.

"I... I hope you can swim!"

"I'm getting smaller again."

"Unlock me. Open the door. Let the water out."

"Courage, doorknob, courage!"

The doorknob starts to drown "glpglpglp... key! Turn the lock!" The lock turns on.

"I've done it! I've done it!"

"Open the door! Run for the hills, men! The dam is burst!"

Narrator POV

Alice uses the fan for herself, which causes her to shrink once more and leaves her swimming in a pool of her own tears. Within the pool, Alice meets a variety of animals and birds, who convene on a bank and engage in a "Caucus Race" to dry themselves. Following the end of the race, Alice inadvertently frightens the animals away by discussing her cat.

Walking into house, The White Rabbit appears in search of the gloves and fan. Mistaking Alice for his maidservant, the White Rabbit orders Alice to go into his house and retrieve them. Alice finds another bottle and drinks from it, which causes her to grow to such an extent that she gets stuck in the house. The White Rabbit and his neighbors attempt several methods to extract her, eventually taking to hurling pebbles that turn into small cakes.