♛ Night Ninety-Two

Start from the beginning

'Fair enough.' He likes having her in his arms and looks down. Where she is with her head on his chest and with her eyes on the fireplace. This is considered an intimate moment, right? Without thinking, he kisses her forehead. 

'As much as I enjoy the company, it's time to go upstairs.' She sees what time it is and gets off the couch. 'Do you know the way back to your room?' 

'I do.' He nods and sees the fire in the fireplace being put out. 'Oh, and Ichika.' He waits for her to turn back, kisses her cheek, and pulls her in a last hug. 'Thank you, I guess I do need some time to relax.' And you just knew. The way you took charge. I know I was a mess when Hanabusa showed up and said that Yuki was there. 

'That's what friends do for each other, Kaname. And I'm more than just a friend because I'm your right hand as well. Right now, I'm the only one who knows you.' She smiles at him. 'Get upstairs and take a bath or shower. In about forty-five minutes, I'll be in bed. I will see you later. When I get out of bed, at five, I take a shower and then downstairs to the kitchen for a cup of tea.' 

'Hmm, only a shower and then tea? How lovely, you send me to bed with a picture in my mind.' He knows very well that she doesn't mean it like that. 

'That's one thing I won't be teaching you, Kaname.' I could never do that. I might be a single woman but I have no intention to change that. She shows him the kitchen. 'I have some blood tablets here as well. Even if you're not thirsty, I advise you to take a glass before we leave.' 

He stops her. 'I know you love him and miss him. He's not gone forever.' 

'Do you know where he is?' She is happy that he doesn't use a name. Although she knows who they're talking about. 

'He loves and misses you too. I'm sure of it.' He shakes no. 'That I do not know.' He follows her upstairs and goes to his room. Where he heads straight for the bathroom. I can't believe I need a cold shower. 

She waited for him to go inside his room before going to her room. I don't want you in my bedroom, Kaname. 

☙❧ 

This is going to be a long night. Ichika glances at Kaname, who addresses Kaien and Yagari. Why did you change everything? To have the party tonight after this meeting. Well, I came here with Kaname so I can tell him when we go back. She knows he did mention Yuki to Kaien but it was nothing more than an update and that everything is going well. Liar. She texts Ami to get ready for the ball. Let's see what will happen. 

Kaname ends the meeting. 

'Will you be able to keep the rest of vampire society in line?' Kaien is concerned. 

'That depends on how many vampires choose to attend the ball being given in honor of the continued cooperation between the Hunters and the Vampire Society,' replies Kaname. His eyes travel to Ichika. If something would happen to me, I have a successor. 'I do hope to see you at the ball.' With that, he walks away with Ichika next to him. 

*** 

Ichika waited until they were back in the car. 'I will be there as well, but my sister will too. Therefore, I will change my looks. I'm only telling you this, Kaname.' 

'I can't stop you, Ichika, but I was hoping you'd be there, too.' He crosses his legs. 'Then again, you share the same goal with Juri, and you have done everything to achieve that. Cross Academy proves it. Do let me know you're there if your sister leaves earlier.' 

She nods. 'That, I will. Is it alright that I teleport to your mansion? It takes way too long with the car.' 

'Yes, you can teleport. I'll make sure I have a guest room available for you and alert a maid for you.' Guess, I should teleport too to make the preparations. He signs to the driver. 'He is your driver.'