Memories Lost: Part 4

Start from the beginning

"Kim Sohye, you're out. I do not approve of your methods anymore." He eventually says which shocks both of them.

"What? I'm the one who always completes the missions! Hyewon is always too soft. How is that my fault?" She replies angrily.

"I have long mentioned that we should prioritize contain over kill. A lot of these mutants haven't done anything wrong. Our mission's main goal is to assess what kind of threat level they possess and react accordingly. I feel like you've lost that vision." The director says flatly.

"This isn't fair! You two just don't have the guts to get the job done. Some of these mutants, including that Kwon boy, need to be put in mutant centers to be monitored instead of roaming free!"

"Is that really what you think? All the more reason for you to be let go. You can exercise your philosophy somewhere else. Hyewon, please escort her out." At this order, Sohye jumps out of her seat and gets in a fighting stance.

"You two just don't understand. If you really want to keep the populace safe, you have to make tough decisions. I will not let you undermine me!" Hyewon was about to charge up an ice blast, but before she could, Sohye removes her shades and stares daggers at her and the director.

"Neither of you will ever remember who I am..." Sohye mutters as she leaves the room, leaving her two former colleagues unconscious.

~~~~

Present day...

"Woah...okay, I remember everything now. You were right, Yena." Hyewon says as she rubs her head only to realize there was now a scorched patch on her scalp. "Wait-"

"Ah, why not go back to the part where I was right!" Yena says quickly before her friend could complain about the new hairdo. Hyewon sighs, deciding it was a topic for another time.

"Alright, so Sohye was once my partner when I was younger. She admitted to killing Eunbi's brother and because of it, our director decided to bar her from joining any future missions. She was upset about our ideological difference, and before I could restrain her myself, she brain blasted our memories of her away." Hyewon explains. An event in her past suddenly made so much sense. She'd woken up in a hospital with the director in the bed next to her with no recollection of how she got there. The overall details were still fuzzy, but Hyewon was definitely sure of one thing- she did not kill Eunbi's brother.

"Okay, I guess we should go back to Eunbi-unnie and try telling her the truth." The duck replies before taking out her phone and seeing a text from Chaewon.

"I'm with Eunbi-unnie right now. We're heading to Hyochang park. Meet us there if you can."

"Uh...actually, scratch that, Kwangbae. I think they found where Sohye's hiding." Yena says, showing the older girl the text.

~~~~

One hour ago...

"Nothing looks out of the ordinary here..." Eunbi mutters to herself as she takes a seat in the restaurant. They'd just missed the breakfast run, so the place was pretty much empty at the moment.

"Unnie, you must really be out of it. If this girl wants to hide, she wouldn't just leave clear evidence of her presence." Chaewon replies from across the table. As Yena had instructed, she paid Eunbi a visit early in the morning. She'd actually caught the older girl just as she was about to leave campus and forced her to let her come along.

Eunbi had reluctantly given the details of the mission the night before and eventually relayed the information she'd gotten from Seunggi regarding the I.O.I members. The older girl just had a soft spot for Chaewon because of their ties together. Now that she was leading her own group, she wanted to set a good example for her as well.