The Naïve Type

Michiru and Haruhi hurried through the halls, the ticking clock on the wall constantly reminding them that they were dangerously close to being tardy for the Host Club meeting.

"Come on, Haruhi. We're almost there!" Michiru urged, her quick strides matching her urgency. Her hair whipped behind her as she sped out of the library with her sister.

Carrying her school bag and trying to keep up, Haruhi nodded in agreement. "I know, I know. I can't believe we lost track of time in the library."

The sun had dipped low in the sky, casting a warm, golden glow over the Ouran Academy as Michiru and Haruhi rushed through the hallways. The distant chime of the clock echoed in their ears, signaling that they were perilously close to being late for the Host Club meeting. Michiru clutched the strap of her violin case. Their footsteps echoed through the empty hallways as they walked toward Music Room 3.

Haruhi huffed as they ran. "We'll never hear the end of it if we show up late." She whined at the idea, and Michiru joined in her worries as she shook her head.

"We need to pay better attention to time..."

Haruhi glared half-heartedly at her sister, making Michiru jump. "It was your turn to watch the clock, Michi!"

"Huh? N-no, it was your turn, Haru!" Michi blushed. "Besides, we're almost there."

It was definitely my turn...

With a final burst of energy, they rounded the last corner and skidded to a stop before the grand double doors. Haruhi took a moment to catch her breath, her hand on her chest, while Michiru adjusted the strap of her violin case. Michiru forced a smile, her fingers gripping the strap of her violin case a little tighter. She didn't want to endure the pain of being a hostess anymore. It was much too stressful. She could never figure out what to talk about or say- she had no idea how she should act. Michi was so scared she would ruin her and Haruhi's image and cost them their quota. She bit her lip nervously, letting out a huge sigh. The first time hadn't been horrible, and her clients had even seemed to find her charming, but that didn't mean she was comfortable with the idea of being a hostess yet.

Haruhi, ever observant, shot her a reassuring look, sensing the trepidation beneath her sister's composed exterior. "Hey. You're doing great, Michi. Honestly, I don't know why you're so nervous. The ladies seem to love you. Marika-senpai and Ayumi-senpai even visited you the other day and took a break from Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai."

Michiru shook her head. "I-I know... I feel bad for stealing their customers..."

"You're not stealing anything," Haruhi said, rolling her eyes. "C'mon. We need to get in there, or we will never hear the end of it- especially not from Kyoya-senpai."

Michi sighed, nodding in agreement. She then paused to fidget with her bangs, fluffing them out to ensure they were nice and straight.

The heavy doors swung open, revealing the vibrant spectacle of Music Room 3. Michiru couldn't shake the butterflies fluttering in her stomach at the scene before them as the double doors swung open, revealing the tropical paradise within. There was an intoxicating aroma of exotic flowers, and the soft rustle of palm leaves filled the air. Colorful fabrics draped the walls, and the hosts were adorned in regal Balinese attire. The room was bathed in the warm hues of the setting sun, casting a magical glow over the spectacle. Michiru exchanged a puzzled glance with Haruhi as they slowly entered the room.

"What in the world..."

"Welcome."

As the two sisters stepped into the club room, the sudden shift in atmosphere caught them off guard. The temperature seemed to drop, and Michiru was startled by the cold. She felt a chill run down her spine and fanned herself slightly to warm up. She was taken aback by the sight of the shirtless guys in the room, and her face turned pink with shock. Feeling uncomfortable, she quickly turned around to avoid looking at them any longer. Haruhi was equally surprised when a toucan suddenly landed on her head. She regretted the vase incident even more as Michiru peeked back.