Chapter 10

Isabella's POV:

I glanced around the room, my vision slightly blurry, my head letting off a searing pain.

"I've been waiting for you to wake up." I stopped my gaze at a person , his dark hair was shaggy, his body slumped in a nearby chair.

"Joshua." I mumbled, trying to pull myself into a sitting position. Black spots blurred my vision even more, my head spun as I gripped the handle on the side of the bed.

"Don't hurry yourself." Joshua stood up and walked slowly over to the bed. "What happened?"

"I'm in no mood to answer your questions right now. Please get a nurse in here." I shooed him away, blinking several times. My vision remained blurry, my head still pounding. A nurse hurried into my room shortly after, clipboard in hand.

"What's wrong?" The nurse questioned me and I pushed past the urging sensation in the back of my head.

"My eyes, I can't see very well. Only close up. And my head." I rubbed my neck as the nurse sat on the bed. She pulled out a small flashlight and shone the light in my eyes.

"Hmm, I'll talk to the doctor about your eyes, as for your head.. I'd expect you to feel something like that, with your surgery. I'll get something to relieve the pain, alright?" The nurse patted my leg and stood up.

"Can you send in my mum?" I asked, my voice weary.

"Of course." The nurse responded and I laid my head back on the pillow. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Oh baby." Mum came running in and I smiled tiredly. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"I should've called you when I got here. I was expecting you to be home-" I locked eyes with my mum and she frowned.

"Don't worry about it." Mum whispered, stroking my cheek. "Ruby is here, she's been worried sick."

My eyelids suddenly felt heavy, my body weaker. My mum noticed, kissed my forehead and walked towards the door.

"Get some sleep. I'll send her in later."

Ruby's POV:

I stared at Joshua with his fiancé, and it pissed me off. Sure I got into a major fight with Isabella, but the fact that he legitimately cheated on her... I wanted to bitch slap him. Kara was asleep in my arms though, so it wasn't a choice. I always regretted leaving, and losing touch with my sister and brother. Just as I closed my eyes, needing a quick rest, someone sat beside me.

"Hey Ruby." Joshua greeted and I opened my eyes, turning to face him.

"Wow, what a sudden turn of events." I scoffed, turning away, careful not to wake Kara.

"Is something wrong?" Joshua asked me, and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Why do you suddenly care? Did it ever dawn on you that you never broke up with my sister? She tried to keep that relationship, but you fucked it up Joshua. You fucking cheated on her." I hissed, reaching my leg out and pulling Kara's car seat closer to me. I gently placed her in her carrier and tucked a blanket over top of her.

"Did you seriously think I was going to wait? We were 15, I wasn't just going to follow her! That's like asking for me to give up my whole life for her. She wasn't that desperate, and neither was I." Joshua spoke, brows furrowed. His eyes softened as he realized what he said.

"You asshole." I brought my hand up and slapped him hard across the face, my hand stung, but I shook it off. "That's my sister, not your rag doll."