Chapter 6

Savanna's POV:

I glanced around my bedroom. Clothes were strewn everywhere in a frantic attempt to find something to wear. "You know what, no." I collapsed on my bed and rubbed my temples.

"Sav, are you okay?" Tierra's voice rang out through my hotel room and I shook my head.

"I can't do this Tierra, I'm in so much pain. My head is throbbing and I can't find something to wear." I winced as my head pounded harder.

"It's going-" Tierra started to speak.

"Don't give me that bullshit Tierra, just please get me some Aspirin." I closed my eyes and calmed my breathing. Screw this Ellen interview, I'm not going.

"Take the aspirin and get dressed. If you don't want me pitying you then your going to that interview." Tierra placed the aspirin in my hand and held out a glass of water. I sat up, threw the two pills in my mouth and guzzled down the water.

"This is why you're my best friend." I held my hands out and Tierra pulled me up. I walked over to my suitcase and grabbed the first thing I saw, a black one shoulder dress that flowed down and stopped below the knee.

"Perfect, I'll do your makeup and hair. Heels or flats?" Tierra held up a two pairs of shoes and I pointed to the black flats.

~•~•~•~

"Ready to start Miss Ainsley?" The stage director fixed a mic on my head and I nodded. I waited for my cue, then walked on stage and was greeted by a huge crowd.

"Savanna! Long time no see!" Ellen greeted me with a hug and ushered me to sit. I sat on the bright red couch and smiled at Ellen.

"Lovely to be here! Thank you for inviting me!" I exclaimed and crossed my leg over the other, placing my hands on top of my thigh.

"So we all want to know, how's the new album coming along?" Ellen asked curiously, eyeing the crowd.

"It's going great!" I lied, "it's right on track." I lied again.

"That's fabulous to hear! Can you give us any spoilers?" Ellen leaned forward and smiled.

"Well I suppose one," I dragged on, "my song, Everything I Need, it's about my life before I became a singer."

"When you were still Isabella Malik?" Ellen questioned and I nodded, frowning at the same time.

"I still am a Malik. It's my second surname." I sat up proudly. Hoping my family in England was watching.

"I'm glad to here that! We are going to do something a bit different before you perform. Basically we pick someone from the audience and whatever they choose, we talk about! Sound good?" Ellen stood up and smiled. I nodded eagerly and sat up straighter.

"How about you sweetie?" Ellen pointed to a young red haired girl, about the age of 15. I waved to her and she smiled widely, as she stood up.

"What happened between you and Joshua Owen?" The girl asked, sitting back down quickly. My face dropped, and I looked down at my hands.

"Ooh, great topic! Thanks!" Ellen sat across from me, leaning back in her chair. "So what happened?" I pondered, deciding if I should answer.

"We sorta had a complication... in our r-relationship." I stuttered and combed my fingers through my hair. Tears threatened to spill as I thought about it more.

"And that was before or after you moved to Vancouver?" Ellen questioned me.

"After. See we never actually broke up when I moved... I thought we were still dating. Obviously I knew it wouldn't last but he-" I stopped mid sentence.

"He what? Cheated on you?" Ellen questioned and I nodded. The crowd let out a chorus of "boos" and awehs".

"I mean, I guess. Our break up was never confirmed by either of us until I found out. To be honest, we haven't talked in over 5 years." I ran a hand through my hair and glanced at the audience.

"That's such a bummer. I think we are ready for a performance though, what do you guys think?" Ellen held a hand to her ear and the crowd cheered. "Alright we'll be back in just a moment!"

"Back in 2!" The stage director said to us as he handed as water bottles. I nodded and twisted off the cap, taking a big swig of water. I closed the cap and stood up, just in time as I was handed an acoustic guitar. I tested a few chords and walked over to wear my band was.

"Hey guys." I greeted them and they nodded to me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. This might be the last time I perform in a long time. I've got to put in my all, for the fans.

"Back in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. And we're live." The stage director nodded to Ellen and I readied myself. Let's do this.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
A/N: it's been so long! I actually forgot about this book. I swear I'm not going to take that long to update again. I guess this chapter is longer than others.

I'm sorry :(

~Sammy