Chapter 5

Quick A/N: the phone call in this chapter is highlighted in bold!!!

Savanna's POV:

"I'm going home." I crossed my arms and leant my body against the wall as Declan sat on the couch.

"What? Why?" Declan asked, worry spreading across his face.

"My friend is having a baby." I stated, running a hand through my long wavy hair.

"I have a feeling that's not why you're going home but I trust your opinion on not telling me. Just be safe." Declan wrapped me in a hug and I hugged back.

"Thank you." I murmured, pulling away and walking out of Declan's apartment. I felt like my whole life came crashing down the minute I walked out that building and sat in Tierra's car. Tierra said nothing but started driving down the street.

"Change, change your life. Take it alllll. We gonna stick together, no one gets through it all. Change, change your life. Take it all, you're gonna use it to become what you've always known." My phone started ringing and I fumbled to take it out of my purse. I looked at the caller id in shock before pressing talk.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered and quickly face palmed. Why am I so nervous?

"Hey sweetie! Long time no talk!" The feminine British/American accent rang through my ears and I frowned.

"Yeah! It's been too long! So how've you been?" I enthused, looking at Tierra who was focusing on me and the road. Every time the car went in a different direction than planned, she whipped her head to the road and started driving straight again.

"I've been great-" there was a pause on the other end of the line and I quickly yelled at Tierra who almost rammed into the side of a mini van.

"Dammit Tierra!" I hung onto the handle above my head and held the phone in a death grip.

"Sorry, sorry!" Tierra kept her eyes on the road and I tuned into the phone call again.

"Isabella?"

"Yeah? Sorry about that, Tierra almost killed us." I let out a chuckle and let go of my death grip on the handle.

"So have you heard the news yet?"

"I have actually! Have you talked to Autumn at all?" I asked, even though I knew it was a stupid question. There was a long pause on the other end and I looked at my phone to make sure the call was still going through. It was so I put the phone up to my ear again.

"What am I? Chopped liver, how come you didn't call me?" Autumn's bubbly voice rang through the phone and I smiled slightly, she hasn't changed at all.

"Well I thought I'd come to England instead, but don't tell anyone yet." I said quickly and Autumn gasped.

"Oh my god! That's awesome! I hate to cut this call short because I'm not feeling great right now, so message me later okay?"

"Okay, feel better okay? I'll see you in a week." I hung up the phone and exhaled. I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes, the cool glass felt good on my warm forehead and cheek. I didn't even plan on telling Autumn that... Shit!

"Tierra..?" I looked at Tierra who was staring blankly out the window. "I'm so sorry, I was going to tell-"

"We'll talk inside." Tierra stopped the car and turned off the engine. Silence filled the car for a short few seconds before Tierra opened the door, grabbed her purse and slammed it shut. I quickly followed and caught the apartment door just in time before it closed.

"Tierra!" I shouted up the stairs as she was already gone, out of sight. An older lady shook her head at me when she passed and I started my way up the stairs. After climbing the two flights of stairs to our apartment, I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door. If we had a normal front door, it wouldn't lock every time the door closed. Let's just say there has been many times that we've been locked out of the apartment...

"I can't believe this." Tierra announced as I closed the door behind me.

"I'm so sorry, I was going to tell you after Declan's... But it slipped my mind when I got that phone call." I placed my purse on the table and sat down on one of the stools beside the island.

"That's not why I'm upset Savanna." Tierra frowned and I shifted uneasily.

"Then why are you upset?" I wondered. Slightly afraid of what she might bring up. Because I have no idea what she could be upset about.

"I'm upset about the fact that you didn't tell me the truth about going to England and how you're actually going for cancer detection."

~~~~~~~~~~••~~~~~~~~~~~••~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: sorry for such a long wait on this chapter. I started Grade 9 a couple weeks ago and have been slowly working on this chapter.

How's school for you guys so far?

Comment your feedback and answer to the question above!

BTW THANK YOU FOR 750+ !!!!!

~Sammy