Chapter 7: Nice Date For A Player part 1

It is officially week nine, and Jen's date with Chad is tonight at seven.

In the past five weeks, James had been able to teach her enough of the required material. She could now walk in heels, hold hands, and even straddle a lap. He also accompanied her to a few dermatology appointments because Jen was worried about her forehead and chest acne.

Currently, it's Saturday, and James escorted Jen to the salon to get her hair straightened. He was sitting on the leather couch, watching Jen lazily read through her paperback textbook. The lady behind the cash register noticed James's awfully obvious stare at Jen and offered to pull up a chair so he could talk to his 'girlfriend'. James declined, attempting to convince the lady and himself that he was just lost in thought and hadn't noticed where he was staring. She didn't believe it, and neither did James.

He won't deny that since the almost accidental kiss, he's pulled away a bit. He sits at the farthest seat from her during music team meetups, keeps his bed disheveled during the day, and refrains from calling her a five-year-old when she puts on her lipstick. But despite his evasive attempts, they still sleep in the same room, and Jen remains stupidly oblivious to how dangerous she could be to him.

During one of the lessons—or rather, he wasn't aware it was a lesson until she randomly straddled his lap. A few seconds prior, James was innocently sitting on his desk chair, absorbed in a book. Jen said she wanted to do it for practice, gave a quick giggle, and hopped onto her bed.

On top of that, rooming with a girl has been more difficult than he initially expected. She used to sleep in pants, but nowadays Jen sleeps in nightgowns, which sounds innocent until she climbs into bed. She arches for a second and then rolls onto her back. And on days she's wearing the relatively short one—the light pink babydoll with lace on the bodice—he often gets a peek at her panties. One night, he blinked for too long, and he cursed to himself the entire week.

And it annoyed him. He was James Du Bellay, the smartest kid on campus, and possibly (in some people's opinion) the hottest. He had so much to do, and Jen was taking up his mind. It was frustrating because he had nothing to do with this sexual energy, and it was her fault. He was starting to think that she was just teasing him. Why go for Chad when she had a much better option right at her fingertips?

He noticed her smile as the salon gave her a mini mirror and showed her the final look. James stood up with his wallet and gave his card to the woman, who shook her head.

"She already paid," she said to James.

James looked at Jen, who stood up from the chair and brushed her pants off.

"Why did you pay?" he asked as they walked out of the building.

"I may not be as rich as you, but I'm not poor either," she said as they walked across the parking lot to James's car.

"Plus, I don't need you paying for my stuff."

"Do you at least like the style?" James asked Jen.

"It's...I hope Chad likes it," Jen said.

Once they got into the car, James drove them to their dorm building.

She was sitting on her desk chair, and he pulled his chair closer to her but kept their knees at a respectable distance.

"Now that your hair is straightened, we need to practice your hair twirl," James said.

"Again?" Jen asked.

"Yeah, and the lip bite," James said.

Jen slouched in her chair. "Lip bite?" she registered, thinking back to their past lessons.