I returned to my office after talking to Maron. My gaze instinctively traveled to her office; she was engrossed in her work, oblivious to her surroundings. A scoff escaped my lips. If she wanted to act like a stranger, then two could play the game.

I turned around, walked back to my chair, and tossed my coat on the backrest. Folding my shirt sleeves up to my elbows, I stared at the file on my table. Creases formed on my forehead, jaw clenched firmly.

'Who are you really, Elysia?'

The background information about Elysia was right in front of me, yet instead of clarifying things, it only deepened the confusion. I sat down, opened the file again, and revisited the documents, recalling my conversation with Ronald earlier.

"Sir, this is everything we could find about Miss Lawson," Ronald placed the file in front of me.

The file lacked substantial information, only providing details such as date of birth, parents, hobbies, education, and basic facts.

"Is this all?" I asked, seriously pissed.

"Yes, sir. But..." Ronald's expression tensed.

"But?" I raised an eyebrow, dangerously close to losing my patience and threw this file across the floor. Ronald cleared his throat and continued.

"Sir, there's something odd about her information. If you look at her date of birth, it says she was born in Austria in December 1994. However, when I checked her traveling records, there's no indication that Miss Lawson ever traveled to Austria, not even once." My eyebrows furrowed as I reviewed her travel history.

"Dean and Sandra Lawson lived in Austria for years. They even traveled to Belgium during that time, but there's no record of Miss Lawson traveling with them. Even when they moved to the UK in 2003, there's no mention of Miss Elysia being with them. It's not until late 2004 that Dean Lawson registered their daughter."

How could that be?

Elysia must have been nine at that time, and if there are no traveling records, it's evident she was in London the whole time. But why would a little girl be without her parents, and how could she be born here when her parents weren't even in the country?

Was she... adopted?

I looked at Ronald with questioning eyes, my heart racing inside my chest. He shook his head. "There are no adoption records for Miss Lawson. According to the information we have gathered, she was never registered in any orphanage, foster care, or family register. Even her birth was never officially recorded. It's as if Elysia Lawson did not exist until late 2004." My mouth gaped, staring at the information dumbfounded.

How could this be possible? Where was Elysia for those ten years, and what happened to her?

"Someone intentionally forged her records, removing every single detail about her, and the most peculiar thing is," Ronald stepped forward, took the file from me with permission, opened the page of her working experience, and handed me the file again.

"She has no working experience in the corporate world. With her education and skills, she could have easily secured positions in several reputable companies, but she chose to work independently, under the pen name 'Sia Wills.' She never revealed her true identity until she joined our company and disclosed it to Sir Lopez," Ronald explained. My lips parted in shock as I glanced at her designs, countless confusing thoughts swirling inside my head. Maron hadn't mentioned this about her.

"You're telling me that Sia Wills is actually Elysia Dean Lawson?" I questioned, struggling to absorb all the information. Ronald nodded in confirmation.