The time had come for Adeline to meet Kai's aunt. She toned down her usual attire to something simply and presentable. She didn't want to over dress but she was not someone to underdress.

She smoothed down her hair and checked herself in the mirror. She glanced at the phone expecting her mother to ring her today but she hasn't. Adeline frowned but didn't bother to call her back. She was going to take advantage of her freedom.

The sound of the door knocking in the familiar beat made her heart jump with excitement. She grabbed her tote bag with the basket in it and ran down the stairs.

She opened the door and was greeted with Kai standing there with some more flowers for her. "Hey. I realized you liked flowers." He admitted. Adeline grinned pulling him by the neck and landing a kiss on his lips. "I do. Thank you."

She took in the pink colored roses and got them placed in her vase. Kai followed her in. "What are you doing? We have to go!" She ushered them both out. Kai put his hands up in defense. "Sorry geez what's the rush?"

Adeline exhaled holding his hand walking to the car. "You aunt is waiting." She scolded him. Kai rolled his eyes. "Otsi'tsa will be fine."

"Well I don't want to be late." She nearly jumped in the car when he opened the door for her. Kai shook his head rolling his eyes.

He climbed in and they began the trek to her home. Adeline was rubbing her wrists nervously. Kai placed his hand over hers and gently squeezed. "Stop doing that Addy." She sighed. "Why? It's just to relieve stress."

Kai didn't expand on it but he just didn't like when she did it for some reason he couldn't put his finger on. It bothered him when she did it. At a better time he would ask her about it. But right now he could tell she was nervous. "I guess."

He changed the topic and talked about her day for a while and shared about his. Reggie was home for good and John was planning for the Pow wow. Adeline had never been to one before or even seen one.

"You should come with me. You should meet John's girls they'd love you." He offered Adeline nodded. "I'd like that. They are John's daughters of course." She teased. Kai rolled his eyes. "I forgot he's your extra lover."

"I met him first." She poked his cheek. "Yeah yeah." He waved her off. Adeline giggled interlacing their fingers. Kai brought their hands to his face and kissed her hand with a grin on his face.

"Is there anything I should know about your aunt?" She asked cautiously. Kai shrugged. "Be yourself. You're real self." Was all he said. Adeline looked at him confused. "You didn't like my real self." She spoke quietly. Kai turned to look at her as he pulled into the homes driveway.

"No Adeline I do like your real self. The real you cares a lot, you don't pretend to be harsh you are willing to learn. I really really like the real you." He looked into her eyes. He and Adeline held eye contact for a moment before turning the car off and clearing his throat.

Well that was sappy as sh*t.

"Well we're here." He gave an unsure smile. Adeline nodded still looking at him. She leaned in and kissed him slowly. Kai's hand hesitantly reached up to cup her cheek and kiss her back.

It was slow and careful this time. She pulled away quicker than she wanted and smiled at him before getting out of the car. Kai sat there dumbfounded for a second before also exiting the car. He rounded it to meet Adeline and took her hand in his. "Ready?" Adeline nodded. They walked to the front door and knocked.