~Chapter 108~

"Done!" Alora announces, taking a step back

"Done!" Alora announces, taking a step back. Josie grins at her reflection, delighted that the blue streak is freshly dyed, courtesy of magic, of course.

"Can I use that spell whenever I need to redye it?" Josie inquires.

Alora nods. "Yes, it's a small enough spell for you to manage on your own."

"Thank you, Alora." Josie swivels on the stool. They are in Alora's well-equipped office, a space that seems to have everything one could possibly need.

Alora offers her a gentle smile.

"And thank you for letting me stay with you and Karina. I truly appreciate it," Josie says, trying to divert her attention away from Alora. She busies herself by picking at her nails.

"Of course, Josephine. It's no trouble at all," Alora replies softly.

Josie's thoughts drift back to what occurred a few days ago between Alora and Dumbledore.

Looking down at her shoes, Josephine hesitates before asking, "You can... see some of the future, right?"

Alora pauses, her voice carrying a hint of tension at the mention of the future.

"I can," she confirms slowly, fully aware of what Josie is referring to—the impending war.

"So... you know how all of this will end?" Josie finally meets Alora's gaze from her seat.

Alora nods silently, acknowledging that she knows precisely what Josie means—the grim outcome of the war.

"I know you can't tell me anything," Josephine sighs. "I'm sorry that you've seen how all of this ends. It's not fair to you."

A shadow of sadness passes over Alora's face. "Don't worry about me, Josephine," she murmurs, running her fingers through Josie's hair. "Just focus on yourself for now."

Josie wonders if Alora has any inkling about her role as a spy. "Thank you," she says once more before standing. "I'll see you later." With a small smile, Josephine leaves Alora's office.

She heads to Hagrid's hut to assist him with something he had requested earlier in the day. Perhaps it won't be too arduous, although it might involve a trip into the forest—an excursion Josie secretly desires.

Though she has ventured into the forbidden forest before, having permission to explore it makes the experience all the more enticing.

As Josephine steps outside and begins her journey to Hagrid's, stumbling a bit on the challenging hill, she glances up at the moon. It isn't full tonight, a relief for her.

Her breath quickens as she descends the hill.

Eventually arriving at Hagrid's, the creak of the steps announces her presence. Knocking on the door, she hears heavy footsteps before it swings open.