"You think he's gonna go through with it?" I asked Seth, who glanced at me.

"You know my grandpa. He's just full of.. surprises."

"What a nice way to describe him." I joked as Summer, Marissa and Ben walked over.

"Hey, man." Seth greeted.

"Hey."

"Ally, Sum, can I talk to you two upstairs?" Marissa asked. Summer and I glanced at each other, but nodded. As soon as we got to her room and the door was closed, she turned to us.

"I've been dating Alex."

"What?" Summer asked in shock.

To be honest, I wasn't too surprised. I saw the way Alex looked at Marissa the first night they met. I was surprised that Marissa liked girls too, though.

"I mean- Alex and I, we've been dating."

"What?" Summer asked again, taking it all in.

"Just for a couple of weeks."

"Alex. Seth's Alex." I remarked to her.

"Yeah."

"Girl Alex?" Summer asked.

"Yeah."

Summer nodded. "Huh."

"Who all knows?" I asked Marissa.

"Just you two."

"So are you like a-" Summer asked.

"No, no I don't know. I just- really like her." Marissa told us.

"Well, she is pretty hot." I told Marissa.

"Look you two don't have to say anything, I just really needed to tell you both.. We're still friends right?"

"Of course, Mariss."

"Yeah, of course we are."

Summer and I both hugged her and Marissa smiled.

"This isn't turning you on, right?" Summer joked and Marissa shoved her. I laughed as Marissa shoved me too. The three of us ended up having a full on pillow fight then.

~~~~
The three of us headed downstairs and joined Ben and Seth. Apparently they still hadn't announced the adoption.

I looked over as Lindsay rushed past us, crying. Ryan called after her and I sighed. Looks like they weren't announcing an adoption at all.

"Excuse me.. may I have your attention please?" Julie called from the center of the living room.

The guests all crowded to hear the announcement and the five of us stayed back.

"I know you're all wondering why we asked you all here this evening. Well, it is my pleasure to announce that the Newport Group, under my leadership, is about to launch it's very own lifestyle magazine. Newport Living will profile hit Orange County trends, fashion and events as determined by me and my staff of well..me."

Marissa rolled her eyes slightly as the guests all clapped.

"Thank you all so much for coming!"

"Just what Newport needs. A magazine run by Julie Cooper."

~~~~
I sat on the couch beside Ryan and Seth as Hellboy played on the television.

"Hey. Is your mother home?" Sandy asked Seth as he walked in.

"No."

"What're you watching."

"Hellboy." Ryan, Seth and I stated.

"Oh, what's it about?"

"See Hellboy was adopted by this scientist and raised to be a hero.." Ryan started.

"But turns out his destiny is to open the gates of hell, so.."

"He tries to do good but usually ends up destroying everything." I finished.

"Well, that's my kinda hero." Sandy stated, putting some Chinese takeout onto the table.

"How was your night." Sandy asked Seth.

"Okay, Julie Cooper's starting a magazine."

"Ally?"

"Terrible, Julie Cooper's starting a magazine." I joked.

"And yours?" Sandy asked Ryan.

"Sucked, Lindsay hates me."

"Well, how about some Chinese, take the edge off?"

"I can't, it's-"

"Ick."

"Yeah me neither."