Georgetown Waterfront Park, May 10, 2012, Washington, D.C.

"Kent," I cleared my throat. "Ryan... you are caring, protective, generous, kind-hearted. You are the best person I have ever met. You are the best man I will ever know. You are a kind friend, a wonderful lover, and a loyal partner; you are my guardian angel. You are the best father my daughter could have, our daughter could have. I love you. I love you. I can't put it into words. Before I met you, I thought I could never be happy again. I was afraid of losing someone again. I was afraid of falling in love. I was afraid to take that step towards happiness. You helped me make it. You saved me. You set me free." Fortunately, tears flowed from my eyes. They ran down my cheeks. I was smiling. I couldn't stop. I was shaking with happiness, but I was also nervous. I was worried. But I knew I didn't have to. I stuck with Kent. I held his hands, and he held mine. We stood there facing each other. It was the most important and most beautiful day of our lives.

"Alexis...Alex, love," he said nervously and smiled at that. "you are ambitious and dedicated to your work. You fight so much for justice. You carry the burden of the whole world on your shoulders. You see what others don't. You see into people's souls. You can see into their mind. You long so much for goodness, for justice, for truth. Your laugh, your heat, that's what made me love you. It's the reason why I love you more and more every day. You are the reason why I am so happy. You are the sunshine of my life. I love you, and I will love you forever."