Ch-5: Die hard at Oscorp (#2)

Start from the beginning

Kara floated down to just above the surface of the water. Not daring to even touch it as she moved down the tunnel faster. Just then, Nightwing came to a gradual standstill, his eyes through an advanced night vision mask- locked onto something in the far end of the tunnel that made him furrow his brows. Confused, Kara followed his gaze.

A slight glimmer of light painted the wall on the far end of the tunnel. Just a turn away from where the hatch should be, Kara guessed. Turning to her captain, Nightwing looked on it pensively.

"Someone broke through the hatch before us," Nightwing stated after a beat, "it might have possibly been the intruder. Possibly more..."

Beast-Boy morphed back into a human, landing in the water with a splash, "you think there's a group?"

"It's likely. Supergirl, see if you can pick anything up."

"On it." Looking towards the light, Kara mentally flicked on x-ray vision.

She was still getting used to her powers under a yellow sun. 4 months wasn't necessarily a long time to go over every single ability a Kryptonian had access to indepth. Luckily, x-ray vision was one of the simpler powers to control.

Passed the brick walls, her eyes focused on one heat signature gaurding what looked like a ladder. Focusing harder, she pinched out the finer details.

Instantly, she knew they were dealing with heavy hitters.

"It's Killer Croc" she echoed her thoughts aloud, suddenly much quieter, "and by the looks of it, he's playing lookout

"It's Killer Croc" she echoed her thoughts aloud, suddenly much quieter, "and by the looks of it, he's playing lookout."

"So it really was the mutants?" Beast-Boy said, "is this another terrorist takeover?"

"I'm going to have to relay this information to the rest of the team," Nightwing quickly got to typing down something on his armgaurd. "Do you see anything else, Supergirl?"

"No," Kara shook her head. The wide scaly form of Killer croc sat hunched in the water without a jitter of movement. Tunnelling on Killer Croc's face, her eyes traced along the villain's lipless maw and glinting dagger like teeth. "Killer Croc is by himself."

"Then it'll be all the more easier to take him down," Nightwing nodded resolutely, "we take a stealthy approach. Rush him when I say."
____________________________________________

"BLOODY HELL!!!"

The hairs on his neck stood with a shiver. Time seemed to stretch. His vision blurred and warped, elongating, as if a plastic magnifying film had been pulled over his bloodshot eyes.