Ch-1: New Normal

Another day, another class wasted.

Barbara groaned as her teacher handed out another quiz she hadn't prepared for, hadn't studied for at all really

Barbara groaned as her teacher handed out another quiz she hadn't prepared for, hadn't studied for at all really. Not that she had the time with the new patrol timetable Tim had sorted out for everyone.

Ever since Loki failed to invade New York a few months ago, the world had become jumbled mess. As it was, vigilantes were now slowly being accepted internationally as a viable peacekeeping force.

Especially with all the new villains popping up.

"Fuck my life," Barbara dropped her head to the desk with a thud. Gotham was always shoddy place, but just last night alone, she had bataranged and beat to unconsciousness more petty theives and would-be murderers than she had ever in her first 3 years working with the Batman. It was as if the crime rate had quadrupled overnight.

It probably had, now that she thought about it. '...Oh fuck.'

'And I can't even get any rest here at school' She suddenly looked up from the crook of her arms, to frustratingly leer at the absolute unit of a Junior just a few seats to her side.

"All because of you..." She huffed silently.

Y/n L/n, an orphan and ward of the state, 17 years of age and apparently a chemistry genius despite what his 6'5 stature and grizly physique implied

Y/n L/n, an orphan and ward of the state, 17 years of age and apparently a chemistry genius despite what his 6'5 stature and grizly physique implied. A bamboozling transformation when you compared him to just before the summer break.

Supposedly then, he was only 5'6 and had been flunking almost all of his classes. Barbara, although admitingly finding the change sudden, didn't actually think anything exactly incriminating about it.
It was that little shit, Damien that had said he had the aura of a killer.

' "It's the way he walks, the way his eyes just drift over you...Just, listen! I was raised to be an assassin and grew up with assassins, I know a murderer when I see one" ' Barbara quoted the problem child in her head.