Memories Lost: Part 3

Start from the beginning

"You're telling me you keep track of our locations too?" Eunbi asks in a suspicious tone while looking through the sheet.

"No, this was voluntary information given by the members before they split up just in case we ever needed them. Also, we don't keep a list of their strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies like Sakura did. It was exclusively for contact purposes, and you twelve have the same choice in the future." Seunggi replies, trying to assuage Eunbi's concerns.

"Alright sunbae. I'm going to trust you. Let me know if you find out anything." Eunbi says before turning to leave. Just as she gets to the door though, Seunggi calls her attention one more time.

"Get some rest first. It's getting late. I'd also advise you to talk to Hyewon and get her side of the story. As team members, and more importantly as a leader, you have a responsibility to listen and give your fellow teammates the benefit of the doubt." Eunbi nods quietly and leaves.

~~~~

When Yena arrived at the police station, she was greeted by a bunch of commotion. It appeared that because of Eunbi and Hyewon's intervention, Sohye hadn't been able to get all her minions out. The station was full of officers trying to interrogate and contain the apprehended criminals.

"Uh, hi! Is Kang Hyewon here?" The duck asks an officer who was running by with some paperwork.

"She's at Officer Hwang's office. Down the hall to the right." He replies before rushing off. Yena nods and starts making her way there, carefully trying not to bump into any of the officers bustling around.

Eventually, she finds herself at Hwang's door and knocks before slowly opening the door and poking her head in.

"Hey there, Officer Hwang! Fancy seeing you again." She tries to say casually, but the duck could already see the officer's expression dampening the second he registered her presence.

"Oh, great. What is it this time, Yena?" He asks in a tired tone. It's been a long day, especially for him who's been leading the operation.

"Why do you always assume there's trouble whenever I show up?" Yena asks back before recalling every meeting she's had with the officer until this point. "Okay, nevermind, but I swear I'm just here for Hyewon this time."

Hwang sighs before pointing over to a couch to his right where the aforementioned girl was sitting and drinking hot chocolate. She clearly looked out of it.

"Yah, Kwangbae, it's me. Can you please explain to me what happened between you and Eunbi now?" Hyewon looks up at her friend, sipping a bit of her drink before replying.

"Remember how we mentioned that there was something going on with people losing their memories randomly? Turns out it was an old acquaintance of mine, Kim Sohye. I don't remember much because she wiped my memory of her, but from the looks of it, Sohye used to work with me on undercover missions when I was at 8D." The older girl then goes on to narrate the memory that Sohye had resurfaced for her and Eunbi.

"That's...heavy, for both of you." Yena says a couple after processing the information.

"...it's all my fault. I can't imagine how Eunbi-unnie is feeling right now." Hyewon says quietly.

"Yah, it's not your fault. Sohye was the one who whacked him to make him lose focus. Besides, I'm still not convinced you're the one who killed him." The duck replies, putting an arm around her shoulder.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Hyewon asks, confused by Yena's last conjecture.

"You've frozen people before, but I don't recall any of them actually dying. You usually break them out to interrogate them right after. Do you remember anything past that event?" The older girl thinks hard, trying to recall anything else about Sohye or that day, but she came up with blanks.