Chapter Two: We're Screwed

I shoved Hailey and Kristiana behind me, even though they were telling me to let them go. Nothing would hurt my friends. Nothing. I shoved them behind a tree and told them "Run. Run to the apartment. Don't tell anyone what is happening."

They were about to call me and idiot and say that they wouldn't let me be stupid. And they did, but I only half heard it as a grabbed the pocket knife I kept on me at all times. I knew that if the stories were true, then it would do nothing, but I had to try. I threw off my backpack, knowing the extra weight could not help me.

I run at the monster, prepared for the worst. Expecting it. Until I see a flash of bronze next to me. I saw Annabeth holding a dagger, Percy holding a sword, and Grover holding what looked like a set of reed pipes.

Wait. I though. The stories. Percy Jackson. Annabeth Chase. Grover Underwood!

"SHIT!

    "Gods of Olympus I'm stupid! Wait! Annabeth! Can you pass me a weapon that will actually work! This pocket knife isn't gonna work for me!" "What? Lila what are you talking about?" was her response.

"Celestial Bronze! What do you think? I know all about you three! I know about Seaweed Brain over there! I know about Goat Boy! And I certainly know about you Wise Girl! And no, I'm not a monster, now help me protect my friends and I'll explain later!"

She looked very cautious about it, but she reached into her bag and grabbed a sword that really shouldn't have fit. "Hermione Bag I swear!" I said as she gave me the weapon. All I got was a slightly annoyed smirk. Worth it. The blade felt unbalanced, like it was not meant for me, but who cares. I need to protect my friends. My family.

I rush at the Chimera and aim for the throat. I made contact amazing. But because of some pretty dam terrible luck, it bounced of a rhinestone collar that read 'Chimera'. A bit on the nose but whatever. I saw Grover playing his pipes, making a melody that sounded weirdly like 'Hysteria' by Def Leopard. That was an awful sound that I have spent every day since trying to forget. I saw Percy looking at me like I was insane, and Annabeth looked fearful for my life.

I saw Hailey and Kristiana about to run in but I screamed at them "Please! Stay safe! I can't lose you guys! Now run!" They still didn't run, but they stayed behind the tree, never seeing me so desperate or fearful. Definitely not as scary either. They looked slightly afraid of me, wielding a sword, but I could focus on that now, not when they were in danger.

I was nearly hit by the fangs of its serpent tail, when Percy somehow managed to sever the tail. It writhed for a second before lying still in the ground. I heard the monster let out an awful screech. I took it as an opportunity, and ran in front of it. It was like time stopped. I saw the fearful look on my friends' faces, which turned to relief on some and terror on others, as I stabbed it in the chest, turning it to golden dust.

I turned, dropped the sword, and sprinted to my friends, I grabbed them and sobbed. "I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry!" "Lila!" Hailey and Kristiana cried simultaneously. "Why are you sorry? You just saved our lives!" I couldn't believe it. "You mean, you're-you're not scared of me? I mean, I JUST FUCKING KILLED SOMETHING! It might be my fault that this thing showed up!" I looked up into their eyes, my own eyes wet with tears, theirs beginning to mirror mine.

Percy, Annabeth, and Grover walked over to me. I dried my eyes, telling myself to rebuild the emotion wall. Percy was holding what looked like a few fangs and a pelt. Annabeth was holding the sword that I used out to me. "You might want to keep it. It's pretty dangerous not to, considering what just happened."

I took the weapon, thanking her, but I knew I'd need to get another, because there was noway I should keep using an unbalanced weapon. I put it in my worn leather belt, because I really have nothing better. "Um, here. You defeated it, so these are yours." This was Percy. He handed me the spoils, the Chimera's odd pelt and some of its razor sharp fangs. I kept them separated from my skin by the pelt, wary of potential poison on them.

Hailey and Kristiana all seemed terrified still, but they had very obviously plastered-on calm faces. "Guys, the weird schist that I talk about all the time, it's all real. Here's proof." I tell them, holding up the pelt and fangs, and moved my hip a bit to acknowledge the sword on it.

They paled a bit at it. "Wait." Annabeth said. "How did you know about us? And how do you know what a Chimera is? Why did you know about Celestial Bronze? And what do you mean by 'the weird schist that I talk about'? What does that mean! Also, why schist? Isn't it-" "Annabeth, i think you're scaring them." Grover interrupted her. "But-"

"Annabeth, I promise, I will explain everything, but we need to be safe. If my friends get hurt because we stood around talking, it will not end well. For you guys anyway." I gave the trio a dark look and started answering some questions to my best friends.

"Guys, we're going to go somewhere. Somewhere safer." I tell them as Percy called over to us. "Okay. We'll take you to Camp. Clearly, Lila's a Half-Blood. We'll figure out you three at Camp. I'm sure Lila will be happy to explain, knowing her." He added at (and to) their obvious confusion. "Okay. Let's move."