Surprise & Schedule

Hey you,

Before we get into my update schedule for Bruised, I have a quick exciting announcement.

S E C R E T P R O J E C T:

If you've been on my writing journey for a while, then you know that music is another passion of mine. I've been fortunate enough to find the resources to record and release a single. The entire process took over 8 months and I've been keeping it hush-hush.

I would truly appreciate it if you all gave my new single a quick listen! Please, please, do check it out. Thank you in advance. (Direct link --->)

And just FYI, I have another single - Little Angels - up on Spotify as well. That was the first song that was partially inspired by Broken. And between you and I, I've been writing more songs that are inspired by the Broken series. I'm hoping I can find the resources to record them and release them. But being an independent artist (if you can even call me that) is hard, monetarily speaking. I would release a song every month if it was that easy. But alas, this is adulting.

If you liked my song and know anyone who would like to kickstart my music career, I'm available.😅 Anyway, I hope you like the song. You can go listen and drop a quick comment here when you're done. Would love to know what you guys think.

U P D A T E S C H E D U L E:

Back to why we're here. So, I finished writing Broken early in June 2023 and started writing Bruised exactly two weeks later. If you watched my monthly vlogs, you'll know how the writing process went. I had goals and deadlines set in place. However, life is unpredictable and I wasn't able to meet a few of those deadlines. Actually, a lot of them.😬

As you read this, I've got a few Bruised chapters down and I will go back to the once-a-week update schedule for Bruised. I would need a while to get to a point in the story where I can see a clear pathway to the end, then we can resume with the two updates per week schedule. Here is a direct link to the Update Schedule for Bruised.

I look forward to bringing you more intense moments, slow-burn, and clean romance as we continue with Makenna and Atlas' journey. I'm super excited for you to see what's in store for you.

Till then, re-read Broken, catch up on my YouTube vlogs; I would appreciate the support on there, and read some of my other stories on Wattpad. If you've read or plan on reading some of my older works, you'll notice a significant difference in my grammar and tone of voice. That's because Wattpad is where I grew as a writer and Broken is a new era for me because I finally found my voice. I know now the type of stories I want to write, and I hope they bring you closer to understanding this complicated world that we live in.

***********

It's crazy how I spent a year and a half writing Broken when the longest it's taken me to write a story before is 6 months. But I'm giving myself some grace and constantly reminding myself that I didn't have a job before Broken. It's a new season of life and I just have to adjust to the new normal. For what it's worth, giving up on writing is not an option for me. It's one of the things that gets me excited about life. Every day I'm grateful to God for giving me this gift and the privilege to be able to share it with this beautiful community. It is readers like you who have created this welcoming space for writers like myself.

You guys have been and are awesome. I cannot put into words how every comment, DM, vote, and support here and on other platforms has motivated me to keep going. I love love love you guys so very much. Truly, I'm entirely grateful for you and to you. I look forward to doing this with you yet again.

Just dropping the link to my single in the hopes that you check it out. 🥹 Pretty please. (Link --->)

Your super grateful writer,
Jane.