21.

After another game with Arsenal against Bristol City, where the team came out with a 2-1 win

After another game with Arsenal against Bristol City, where the team came out with a 2-1 win. Mia was able to score in the later minutes of the game which she was very happy about, only having less then forty minutes game time all together but already having two goal. Now a day later the Ausenal group were on the long plane ride back to Australia for the international break.

Mia couldn't explain the happiness she was feeling as she sat next to Kyra watching as Perth spread out beneath them. Even though they weren't in Sydney, just being in Aus and knowing that her family were also on their way to the city made it even better.

Kyra and Mia had spent pretty much the whole flight eating, sleeping, playing games and annoying the two grumpy Matildas players. The group of four were the last people to arrive having left the morning after the Bristol City game.

Finally the plane landed at 8:00 at night and Mia and the rest of the girls were ready to go to bed. After getting their bags and going through customs they were finally out of the airport and on their way to their Perth basecamp for the week and a bit. Mia and Kyra sat across from Caitlin and Steph in the car they drove in, Mia immediately leaning into Kyra while she texted her parents that she had landed in Perth.

The group pulled up, smiling and waving at the media team that were waiting. Most of the team were in bed by now so Mia and Caitlin made their way up to their shared room. Mia immediately flopped onto the fresh bed, the one closest to the window (like always) while Caitlin took the one closest to the door.

Before Mia could drift into a calm sleep she was rudely interrupted by a banging on the door. Caitlin groaned as she left to open the door while Mia dug her face into the pillows. She heard muffled talking at the door not really bothering to lift her head up knowing it was probably one of her teammates.

Loud footsteps sounded out around the room as Alanna ran past Caitlin and Macca to Mia. Without even a second thought the blonde launched herself onto the bed making sure to not fully land on Mia. The teen lifted her head looking at the blonde with a soft smile, Alanna smiled even brighter pulling Mia into a big hug.

Soon the duo were joined by Macca and Caitlin again, Alanna and Mia sat on her bed while Macca and Caitlin took hers. The four talked about anything and everything, Alanna making sure to let Mia know how disappointed she was that she wasn't let know about Mia signing to Arsenal.

Around 10:00 Caitlin kicked the other two out noting how Mia was drifting in and out of sleep on her bed. The older player didn't even bother to get Mia up to finish her night routine knowing that they both needed the rest for the big days ahead.

...

Mia awoke to her alarm that went off at around 7:00, both girls groaned as the sound played throughout the room pulling them out of their deep sleep. Jet lag was always a bitch so it was going to be hard to get back into the right time zone. Today was training in preparation for their game against Iran for their Olympic qualifiers.