4.

The day had finally come and Mia was beyond excited

The day had finally come and Mia was beyond excited. Her family flew up to Melbourne yesterday and the team had arrived early today for the game in the late afternoon. The team was on the bus heading to AAMI Park in Melbourne. Mia sat next to Alanna and across from Caitlin and Macca. The four players all have headphones in either looking out the window or on their phone. Mia sat at the window seat looking at the buildings as they passed by, excitement and nervousness moving around her stomach.

Her headphones played her favourite songs as she tried to get in the game time persona but she was feeling too many different emotions to focus enough to really get in the game mode. She saw the stadium in the distance, a big smile making its way onto her face. She felt her phone vibrate, picking it up she saw a message from her mum that they were also arriving to see her before she played.

This had been the longest time Mia had gone without seeing her family in person so she was feeling so happy and excited to see them again and for them to watch her make her Matildas debut.

The team made their way off the bus and a row of fans lined their walkway to the change rooms. Mia smiled at some fans as she walked by. She didn't expect many people to know who she was but still smiled at everyone who she made eye contact with, waving as well. They made their way in the change rooms, putting their stuff down before making their way out to the pitch for the pre-match warm up.

Mia walked next to Kyra out onto the pitch, her heart beating in her chest. Her eyes made their way around the stadium, an expression of joy painted on her face. The team started to do some drills as the seats started to fill up. The Swedish team on the other side of the pitch also warming up. After their warm up the girls were given ten minutes to say hi to their families who had come to watch.

Mia's eyes immediately made their way to the Matildas family section. She ran, being the first person over, quickly jumping the barricade not waiting for anyone to let her in before running up to her family who sat down near the top of the section. The group of eight adults and three children that consisted of Mia's mum Valerie, Mia's dad Alex, Carlos, Luis, Daniel and Zach Mia's four older brothers as well as Carlos's wife Willow and Luis's wife Iris and finally her two nephews Cruz who was three and Milo who is five and are Carlos's sons and her niece Isabelle who is three and is Luis's daughter.

Her mum was the first to embrace Mia in the most loving hug. Valerie Valentine having missed her daughter deeply. Mia then went on to hug her dad, brother and sister in-laws before getting surrounded in a group hug by her three nephews and niece. "You guys have grown so big I can't believe it." Mia said, looking at the three children.

"Did you know I am this many?" Milo said, holding up five fingers.

"I do know that, you got my present didn't you." Mia said, poking the young boy in the stomach.

"Yes, it was the bestest ever." Milo said Mia had missed her nephew's birthday but got some donuts delivered to her brother's house knowing how much Milo liked the sweet treat.