15.

The round of sixteen of the Women's World Cup had officially started, the Matildas were set to play Denmark

The round of sixteen of the Women's World Cup had officially started, the Matildas were set to play Denmark. In order to make it to the quarter final they needed to beat them and if they couldn't the Tillies would be out of their home World Cup for good.

Once again the team sat in a meeting room watching clips of their game against Canada as well as some snippets of Denmark's games so far. This time they were in Sydney which Mia was very happy about. Mia sat in her seat, paper and pen in hand as to take notes from the session. Next to her sat Cortnee and Hayley. The replay of Mia's goal played on the screen, everyone watching how Mia slotted the ball into the net.

"First nine minutes, that's what I want from every single one of you. Make an effect early on and the opponent won't know what's coming." Tony said as the team nodded. The coaches and trainers picked out each good and bad thing in how the team played during the game. Telling each player who played adjustments that could be made.

Soon clips of Denmark players and plays showed up on the big screen as Tony called out each potential starting player and sub and what they play as well as weaknesses and strengths. Like robots, everyone's eyes scanned the game that was being replayed. During these sessions the girls were encouraged to share anythingthey noticed about the teams and their players.

"Pernille Harder, number ten. I played with her at Chelsea obviously. Amazing shot and ridiculously fast. Anyone who's played against her knows that." Sam motioned to her Chelsea teammate on the screen as a replay of her manoeuvring through Haiti players.

"Yeah her attack and shooting is amazing, but her defence is not as strong. If you get the ball from her and clear it quickly to anyone else more often than not she won't be able to get it back. Especially with our level of defence." Mia said after Sam looked between the captain and Tony who nodded along to what she was saying.

The team continued to add their inputs of the different players of the Denmark team. An hour went by and the team was then excused to have the rest of the day off. Luckily for Mia, her teachers decided that since she is playing in a World Cup that they wouldn't set her any work. So as the team left the meeting room Mia made a bee-line for the elevator to take her up to her room to have a nap.

The elevator doors opened and Mia stepped in, pressing her floor number. She walked down the hallway to her room she was sharing with Caitlin. quickly tapping the key card and opening the door, Mia got changed into a t-shirt and shorts climbing under the covers and shutting her eyes as she immediately fell asleep.

The Matildas were quick to notice how much the younger player enjoyed her naps, having the ability to sleep anywhere at any time as long as Mia was tired enough. They also learned very quickly to not wake Mia up before she was ready otherwise you would be met with a very grumpy teenager.

But Alanna, Mackenzie and Caitlin thought it would be an amazing idea to get a clown mask and scare Mia out of her nap. The three tiptoed into the room turning to see a pile of curly hair under the covers, the pile of blankets rising and falling as Mia breathed unaware to what the three older players were about to do.