3.

It was two weeks before the game Mia could make her possible debut in, and it was against Sweden in Melbourne which meant the Matildas had a home game advantage

It was two weeks before the game Mia could make her possible debut in, and it was against Sweden in Melbourne which meant the Matildas had a home game advantage. Mia had been working day in, day out to try and prove to the coaching staff, especially Tony that she was ready to make her debut against Sweden. Everyone on the team agreed that it was paying off.

Mia was amazing on the field, shots almost always on target, amazing passing skill, amazing attacking plays as well as defending. Tony would be stupid not to debut her in the following weeks. One thing that everyone noticed about her on the field was that she always played with a huge smile on her face. You could never wipe it off and it would lighten up the whole field.

Managing her school work, training and hanging out with the team was getting easier. Finding time for all three but she also knew when to prioritise one over the rest. The end of the school year was getting closer so it was easy to manage the amount of work as all of the tests were done. Tony still wanted her to do the work that she was given even if all the grades were in.

Mia walked into the gym for training, they were doing weights and cardio today which Mia was not excited for. Putting her stuff down she walked over to the huddle that was forming with the team so that Tony could talk to all of them. "Okay, pretty simple, the equipment is yours. I want half your time on cardio and half time on weights, you pick which one first. There will be a break in-between the sets and then you will do the other one."

The team nodded, splitting up pretty evenly. Mia walked over to a treadmill to do some cardio first. One thing that Mia loved about football was running, she could run forever. Every time she was feeling stressed she would go on a run. It was her own form of therapy. As soon as her legs started to move she blocked out everything and focused one step in front of the other. She started up the machine placing her headphones on and picking her running playlist. Mia started with a slight job for a couple of minutes before pushing it to a run.

The team were scattered around the gym, some doing weights, some on different cardio machines and some who were sitting down trying to see how long they could go without one of the trainers yelling at them to get their ass up and do some work. Mia continued to run until Tony called for a break. She slowed down the pace and walked for three minutes to cool down before hopping off, grabbing her water and sitting down on one of the benches. she smiled as Mary came over sitting next to the young girl.

She had gotten close with Mary over the last couple of weeks. They called themselves M&M. Mia thought Mary was the kindest person ever, always able to make the young player smile. "I don't know how you manage to run that long without stopping." Mary said as Mia lay her head on Mary's shoulder breathing heavily.

"I don't know either, I just run and then the next thing I know I have ran for an hour." Mia said, smiling up at Mary, the older player sending one back. Courtney came and sat with the duo on the other side of mia.