Chapter 16: Rising Tensions

Începe de la început

________________________________________________________________________________

Sometime later...

Now standing in front of the workshop, Sora was about to start knocking where he entered the last time but was met by a cleaner robot gesturing for him to follow it. The two then made it further into the workshop where the spiky-haired boy now saw his Moogle friend floating there while holding a tablet and messing with several other bots.

"Hey, Moogla, I'm here!"

"Sora! It's good to see you. We have a lot to talk about, kupo."

Pulling up a chair and sitting next to Moogla, Sora watches as she lays the tablet in the middle of a workbench and pretty soon the entire bench starts transforming into a huge holographic map of the city.

"Whoa! What the... I didn't know you had something like this!" he excitedly said.

"It was another piece of technology part of my vast workshop that I didn't get around to showing you, kupo. There's still a whole lot of other stuff that I need to show you but that can wait, kupo."

Making a few more adjustments on her side, Moogla then beckoned Sora to look at the map.

"Last night I got a distress signal from one of my cleaner bots that's located over in District 14 which is primarily focused on accommodating other facilities for overseas students, kupo. The feed I got showcased two things, kupo."

Sora was now sitting upright and focused on listening to everything his friend and partner had to say.

"First, the cleaner bot picked up some feed of several Heartless around the district's perimeter. Based on what was clearly shown, it appeared to be only Shadows that were spotted, kupo."

"Did the cleaner bots keep a close eye on them?"

"Unfortunately, the robots lost track of the Heartless as soon as they crossed the district border into District 19, kupo."

"District 19. That place again huh?"

The sudden memory of heading toward District 19 on the first real night he spent staying in Academy City where he encountered Mugino, and the other girls of ITEM filled his head. Though he was only there for a little bit, he could easily see how that district was prone to be a Heartless rendezvous. It was practically considered emptied compared to all the other districts in this city and would be his go-to spot when guessing where the Heartless originated. Moreover, he wondered if he should pay that place another visit.

"And you said there was another thing you were alerted to?"

There was no response coming from the Gummiphone for a good whole moment until Moogla's voice came playing out.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure what it could be... maybe I'm being extra cautious from everything you've told me, kupo."

Saying this, the ball on top of Moogla's head lowered a bit showcasing how she was feeling a bit distraught about this situation.

"I'm sorry I frantically called you over here for nothing, kupo."

"Hey now. I'm not mad at all. You did the one thing that I asked and that was to keep me updated on whatever might be going on related to the Heartless or Darkness. And you did." Sora then looked down at the map once more and took a second to analyze it. "Besides, you gave me some important information about what the Heartless are up to. Now I know for sure something is up with District 19."

"Aww... when you put it like that it really does sound like I helped, kupo" Moogla said with a bit of excitement in her voice.

Sora couldn't help but have a dorky smile on his face while nodding.